1.    #1  

Is there a way to take an app off of my Pre and save it on my computer? I have a few apps that I have noticed are no longer being offered; so I would like to back them up on my PC.

So is there a way to do this? Where are apps located at?

Thanks in advance!

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

I don't think anyone here is going to offer up this info due to piracy concerns. Plus, I believe the apps are encrypted to prevent this.
    So we meet again, Mr. Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't think anyone here is going to offer up this info due to piracy concerns. Plus, I believe the apps are encrypted to prevent this.
    So we meet again, Mr. Bold
    Bingo.

very funny Garrett92C
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Bingo.

very funny Garrett92C
    You discovered my secret text lol... I've been putting white text in alot of my posts today lol
  5.    #5  
    Then can someone please email the info? I'm not talking about backing up Pay apps, because Palm already does that. There is just a few Beta apps that failed to get anyone on board; so the app was given up on. Even though they was given up on, I still like them, and don't want to lose access to them.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 04/17/2010 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Then someone can email me the info. I'm not talking about backing up Pay apps, because Palm already does that. There is just a few Beta apps that failed to get anyone on board; so the app was given up on. Even though it was given up on, I still like them, and don't want to lose access to them.
    I believe the app directory is still encrypted to prevent people from making copies of apps and to protect the source code.

If the apps you want are homebrew, you can download the .ipk from the Homebrew section of Precentral.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I believe the app directory is still encrypted to prevent people from making copies of apps and to protect the source code.

If the apps you want are homebrew, you can download the .ipk from the Homebrew section of Precentral.

It's not always that easy. One of the apps I wanted to use and backup, was an Android Interface that the developer had given up on. And I didn't get to use the app until another user sent it to me. So I want to keep backups of apps that a developer may end up giving up on.

8.    #8  
    What about emailing the apps? ZLauncer for the WebOO used to allow for the emailing of applications. That is how I kept my apps backed up to my Gmail account. Or what about using Quick-Install? Again, I am not talking about pay apps. I really only need to backup the Beta's that developers have given up on; for whatever reason. The other Beta apps tend to become Full apps, which I then buy the full version, and full versions are then backup by Palm.

best bet is email the developer and ask for it.

there is no way to get just beta apps from the pre. It would obviously allow any app to be copied.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    best bet is email the developer and ask for it.
    I have, but a bunch of the apps in the Beta store don't list a valid email address. They just list a home page; which may or may not be valid, or even be working. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Hello, I'm going to have to give them my pre for a new one. Camera issues. But I have alot of apps on my pre. How do I save them? I've paid for them. So I really don't think I should have to pay again? Can you help me?
    Thanks,
    Lindy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindy219 View Post
    Hello, I'm going to have to give them my pre for a new one. Camera issues. But I have alot of apps on my pre. How do I save them? I've paid for them. So I really don't think I should have to pay again? Can you help me?
    Thanks,
    Lindy
    All Apps you download from the official App Catalog are recorded in your Palm Profile. When you get your new Pre, those apps will be automatically reinstalled once you sign in to your existing Palm Profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    It's not always that easy. One of the apps I wanted to use and backup, was an Android Interface that the developer had given up on. And I didn't get to use the app until another user sent it to me. So I want to keep backups of apps that a developer may end up giving up on.
    Go here d0lph1nk1ng Software to contact the author of that app. He actually still has the screen shots on his webpage.