1.    #1  
    So...

There seems to be a batch of forum members (and administrators) that trounce on any merger/acquisition questions or discussion with some sort of evangelical zeal. The sentiment seems to be that any shread of speculation regarding Palm's fate that anyone gleans from news stories, blogs or other posts is evidence of that person's pretense as a negative, chicken-little, doomsday-er. And further that all such speculation should be rained upon with staunch assertions that it's all completely unfounded and absolutely NO historic indication can be reasonably taken from such evidence whatsoever.

I don't get it. Companies fail all the time. People make mistakes. Palm has had a rough 10 years man. It's been painful to watch. I mean, if we're on this forum we clearly are fans of the company and it's product. So, it's okay to say, "Damn, the VP of Software is leaving." And, "Dude, I know, and it turns out they had to grease some other executives to stay while they sort out an M&A."

And it's PERFECTLY OKAY TO SAY, "Wow. That doesn't look good, man."

None of that means you are a negative, end-of-the-world rumor-feeder. Those are common sense observations that I for one feel lucky to have a forum like this in which to share these thoughts with others who give a crap.

detroitkruk
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    lol...

Sorry we're not all Debbie Downers.
    As long as you put your speculation in one of the forums that I've got excluded, I could not care less. Not in the least bit interested!
    Last edited by johncc; 04/17/2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: toned it down a bit
    To each his own. I've said good things and bad things about Palm. I've been criticized and castigated either way. Some people love me, some people hate me. That's just the way life is.

No one on this forum has stopped you from posting your opinions. You have to be willing to accept the flames, that's all.

Of course, sometimes certain people are just always negative. That's why we call them trolls. They really don't care about adding anything of value to a discussion.

I'm not saying you're a troll. I'm just saying that you will get a lot more flames over time if you always take to negative view on things.
    Quote Originally Posted by kedar View Post
    lol...

Sorry we're not all debbie downers.
    lol debbie downers
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitkruk View Post
    So...

There seems to be a batch of forum members (and administrators) that trounce on any merger/acquisition questions or discussion with some sort of evangelical zeal. The sentiment seems to be that any shread of speculation regarding Palm's fate that anyone gleans from news stories, blogs or other posts is evidence of that person's pretense as a negative, chicken-little, doomsday-er. And further that all such speculation should be rained upon with staunch assertions that it's all completely unfounded and absolutely NO historic indication can be reasonably taken from such evidence whatsoever.

I don't get it. Companies fail all the time. People make mistakes. Palm has had a rough 10 years man. It's been painful to watch. I mean, if we're on this forum we clearly are fans of the company and it's product. So, it's okay to say, "Damn, the VP of Software is leaving." And, "Dude, I know, and it turns out they had to grease some other executives to stay while they sort out an M&A."

None of that means you are a negative, end-of-the-world rumor-feeder. Those are common sense observations that I for one feel lucky to have a forum like this in which to share these thoughts with others who give a crap.

detroitkruk
    HATEMONGER!!!!!................JK. Its a cold hard truth that palm may not survive this one (at least not alone). However, i understand how some of the diehard palm fans feel about the overflow of negative threads. Dont get me wrong, i love palm, ever since my m100 ive loved the company and its products, but im a realist, so im on your side.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    As long as you put your speculation in one of the forums that I've got excluded, I could not care less. Not in the least bit interested!
    Sweet.

detroitkruk
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitkruk View Post
    So...

detroitkruk
    Classic psychology, not a cult. Everyone here has a product from Palm and are invested in Palm's success. As an investor most will try and protect their investment by saying good things. Some investors will say bad things in hopes of subtely convincing some sort of change in the company to do better things. Most of the time both are just ****ing-in-the-wind, but there are examples of this working at times.

I firmly believe everyone, regardless of perceived intent, is trying to help out palm here in one fashion or another. IME, I havent seen "real negativity" towards palm (other than a 'goodbye' post) and those folks end up getting rid of the product and participate on other forums.

I believe this sums up most posts: "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference" (Elie Wiesel)
    Last edited by zonyl; 04/18/2010 at 07:41 AM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by zonyl View Post
    Classic psychology, not a cult. Everyone here has a product from Palm and are invested in Palm's success. As an investor most will try and protect their investment by saying good things. Some investors will say bad things in hopes of subtely convincing some sort of change in the company to do better things. Most of the time both are just ****ing-in-the-wind, but there are examples of this working at times.

I firmly believe everyone, regardless of perceived intent, is trying to help out palm here in one fashion or another. IME, I havent seen "real negativity" towards palm (other than a 'goodbye' post) and those folks end up getting rid of the product and participate on other forums.

I believe this sums up most posts: "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference" (Elie Wiesel)
    Academically speaking, the study of cults, the coersion, persuasion, member/prospect dynamic are recognized classiscaly as tennants of psychology and sociology.

And the #1 symptom of a cult/follower relationship: The leader is protected from scrutiny as the followers take up the defense of the cult and it's practices.

It's just a fuqing phone. Palm fuqed up. In more ways than they got things right. And remember, I'm typing this on my Sprint Pre. I love this operating system. I'm unhappy with the form factor of the hardware. I mean, there are failed functionality promises that preceed launch day that are downright class actionable.

Cult of Positivity Members: YOU ARE THE BULLIES. YOUR BEHAVIOR IS NOT 'NICE-GUY', 'OBJECTIVE' OR 'CLEAR HEADED'. THE PERSON TYPING "Boy, this doesn't look good" and being bombarded with your "Whoa, whoa, whoa, get out of here you evil spawn of negativity" IS BEING BULLIED BY YOU. YOU ARE NOT POSITIVE, NICE-GUYS. You are not fooling anyone.

detroitkruk

detroitkruk
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zonyl View Post

This.