Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If all the bugs of 1.3.5 were fixed with 1.4 IMO it was not smart to post this info and just when Palm is about to launch Pre Plus and Pixi plus with 3 carriers, O2, Vodafone and SFR.

Who wants to make evil damage to Palm at this time, with old news, already not happening anymore.

I suggest to make an addedum on front page, something like NO MORE BUGS ON WEBOS AFTER 1.4.1 more or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    If all the bugs of 1.3.5 were fixed with 1.4 IMO it was not smart to post this info and just when Palm is about to launch Pre Plus and Pixi plus with 3 carriers, O2, Vodafone and SFR.

Who wants to make evil damage to Palm at this time, with old news, already not happening anymore.

I suggest to make an addedum on front page, something like NO MORE BUGS ON WEBOS AFTER 1.4.1 more or less.
    Ya this is like posting on facebook saying your neighbors wife is a **** and not telling him directly. Either your trying to screw up their relationship or you really went about adressing the concern the wrong way.
    So two lies make a right?
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Was the SMS vulnerability patched? Can anyone point me to real evidence of this?
    The video that the security group released specifically mentions that 1.4 is not vulnerable, and that Palm fixed the issue after it was reported to them.

The way that responsible disclosure works is you report the vulnerability to the company first, allow them to develop a patch, wait until after the patch has been released, and then report on the vulnerability in public. That is the path that was followed here.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    The video that the security group released specifically mentions that 1.4 is not vulnerable, and that Palm fixed the issue after it was reported to them.

The way that responsible disclosure works is you report the vulnerability to the company first, allow them to develop a patch, wait until after the patch has been released, and then report on the vulnerability in public. That is the path that was followed here.

The issue i have is.. it's VERY misleading. And almost hides the fact that they have patched these issues, with words like shocked and not safe.

This same exact article can be re-written.. Palm Quick to fix issues brought to them. But this is a New OS and platform.. things will be found.

But a good pen tester can prob tear into WebOS pretty good.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12