1.    #1  
    So I was reading a few related articles to palm while checking their stock numbers and came across this article. Whoever wrote this seemed very ****************** you get the point.

can't believe the **** out there! Half of it was ludicrous!!!

What Palm's buyers must do to rescue the company? - IT articles, Hardware & Software, Computer vendors in India, IT industry in India : Latest IT News
    Last edited by nyczwillz; 04/15/2010 at 07:53 PM.
    What electronic pamphlets should do to save themselves: find out the facts before an opinion.

Open an app store

At present, Palm lacks an app store. The company that acquires Palm should work in the direction and build an online app store to offer third party app to users. Today, these applications are becoming a must-have in mobile marketplace.

The bad about this is that people takes their opinions as if they were well informed...
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    What electronic pamphlets should do to save themselves: find out the facts before an opinion.

The bad about this is that people takes their opinions as if they were well informed...
    Well if we abandon WebOS and use Android we'll have an App Store...

That article is just crazy...
    Hey! Lets turn Palm into just another Android phone and kill the Palm 'identity'.
    /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by jedicide View Post
    Hey! Lets turn Palm into just another Android phone and kill the Palm 'identity'.
    /sarcasm
    lol

I can't believe the guy who wrote the article thinks it's a good idea to switch to Android. WebOS is the best mobile OS out there right now (even some Apple fanatics agree).
    Man I love Webos, I wouldn't dare get a phone with android.
    +1
    wait ludacris wrote half the article...lol
    Let's see if I get this straight... I have a car that I want to sell....

Step 1 - Remove Tires

Step 2 - Remove Seats and replace them with 8 2X4's

Step 3 - Replace engine with my Toro lawn mower

Step 4 - Kick the sides in.

Step 5 - Look for buyer.

Brilliant.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    effing turd doesnt know sh!t about Webos just wanted to write something to fill the empty space on his site.
    that article is completely ********....in no way shape or form would i abandom webOS for android....i hate both android and iphoneOS....and its true, webOS is the best mobile OS in the market....they just haters!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

well i for one am abandoning webos for android once the EVO comes out. on my 3rd pre and i cant even get 2 hours of lite usage with it. horrible experience on the pre and am not goin to wait around while they make another webos phone. not worth it to me. and i kno im not the only one who thinks this way. webos is good but the pre potentially is goin to destroy it.
    i debated on taking my pre back for an eris, but i just cant bring myself to do it. i love this little phone...it actually (kinda sorta possibly) saved my life last week when we had a tornado come thru..the weather channel app was running and if i hadn't had my pre i would have driven right into it...its now an emotional little piece of equipment to me
    What the Palm Pre needs to succeed is a physical keyboard.
  15.    #15  
    webOS > android+iphone...and palm copying iphone? how about iphone copying palm? same with android cards.
    i sold my buggy droid to get a palm pre. mabey when android has had more time to mature. you cant even get a reliable alarm clock with it. not only that, but gps stops working. not sure if thats a hardware or software issue. probably software.

i'm loving my webos phone. the only thing i dislike is that the screen stays on while charging on touchstone.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by graigsmith View Post
    i sold my buggy droid to get a palm pre. mabey when android has had more time to mature. you cant even get a reliable alarm clock with it. not only that, but gps stops working. not sure if thats a hardware or software issue. probably software.

i'm loving my webos phone. the only thing i dislike is that the screen stays on while charging on touchstone.
    theres an app for that. search for brightness unlinked.
    android is far less buggy than webOS, especially in 2.1. WebOS is 'potentially' the best mobile OS out there. It is hindered by being a little behind the curve compared to Android and the iphone. It's hardware becomes even more lackluster as the real 2nd gen Android phones come out along with the next gen iphone that will get announced in a couple months. Maybe Palm will surprise with a 2nd gen device, Who knows. Then add the brilliant marketing job to the mix.

Add it all together and it's tough to say webOS is the best mobile OS out there because you have to look at all aspects of it since they go hand in hand.

I actually like Android, and 2.1 breathes new life into cdma android phones. It's a shame their IMAP folder support sucks outside of gmail, and K9, while robust, is not very UI finger friendly.

still would love to see a lights out 2nd gen webOS phone running a less buggy 1.5 or beyond. But till then, 2.1 Android is still a nice option.

and to the tornado guy...a weather widget on your home screen in Android would've given you a more immediate alert to your near wizard of oz experience.
    screw this nonsense. webos is genius. the pre could be better in terms of hardware, but this article ****s on webos and therefor is just plain wrong.
    well we know the article is nonsense. That's just a given. The conversation though has progressed. There's only so much to be said about an ignorant writer trying to fill space.