Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1.    #1  
    Twice now my Pre (original, sprint, running 1.4.1.1) has gotten into a strange state where the java process just eats CPU left and right. The interface gets noticeably laggy, and uninstalling everything I have installed doesn't fix it. The last time this happened, I eventually ran the webos doctor. However, after restoring my palm backup during the device restart, it just did it all over again. I used the doctor on it again, and created a whole new profile, and set everything back up manually and that seemed to finally fix it... for a few months. I just noticed that it's doing it again. I think it just started over the last day or two, and I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything, not even installed any apps. I have uninstalled all services, patches, plugins, and never had installed themes. It still does it. It appears only re-flashing and setting up a whole new profile (PITA) is the only way to fix it. Does anyone know why this is happening, or how I can tell what the heck the java process is doing? Here's the current process via ps:

    root 3658 76.5 15.0 95228 36952 ? Ssl 09:50 22:15 /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/bin/java -Xexact -m 10M -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/bin:/usr/lib -Dvm.boot.library.path=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/bin -bootclasspath /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/lib/rt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/luni.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/nio.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/nio_char.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/security.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/archive.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/logging.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/text.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/icu4j_3.8/icu4j-3_8.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/icu4j_3.8/icu4j-charsets-3_8.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/ext/icu4jni.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/sql.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/regex.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/math.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/auth.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/crypto.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/x-net.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/annotation.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/ext/bcprov.jar -Djava.home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre -Djava.security.properties=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/security/java.security -Xstackdump=/var/log/stackdump.txt -Xms10M -Xmx15M -classpath /usr/lib/luna/java/Async.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/CarrierNetworkSettings.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/Customization.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/DefaultDatabaseBuilder.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/Fnmbl-ClientApi.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/Fnmbl-ClientFramework.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/InterfaceRegistry.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/MediaEvents.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/Photos.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/Utils.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/accounts.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/accountservices.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/activerecord.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/backup.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/calendar.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/contacts.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/dataimport.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/datamigration.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/deviceprofile.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/devicewipe.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/facebook.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/findapps.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/gdata.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/jWAP.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/java-md5.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/joda-time-1.5.2.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/json.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/ksoap2-j2se-full-2.1.1.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/libmatthew-java-0.7.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/location.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/lunaservice.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/mail.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/messaging.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/messagingrouter.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/minidbus-java-2.4.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/notes.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/packageinfo.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/palmipc.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/pim.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/pimsync.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/rfc2445.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/scheduler.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/serviceboot.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/serviceframework.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/sqlitejdbc-v053.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/superlog.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/tasks.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/telephony.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/zone-info.jar -DtimeZoneId=MST -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/etc/logging.properties -verbose:gc -Xwebconsole -Xoomexit -Xoomreport=/var/javaoom/oom.3658.txt com.palm.serviceboot.ServiceBoot start

    Thanks,
    Nicodemus
  2.    #2  
    oh yeah, and I tried restarted java, and rebooting the whole phone. No difference.

Posting Permissions