Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Hey all,

Universal Search is not funtioning properly on my Pre. When I type a query, the "Find... xyz" comes up with a blinking cursor. That's where it stops.

Ordinarily the phone begins pulling up apps, contacts or the global contact search. If nothing is found the google, g. maps, wiki and tweed buttons drop down. However, the only thing present on my phone is the "Find..." bar; no apps appear and the additional options fail to drop down. The phone does not perform an exchange search (no lit EV icon), either.

As an aside, the contact search features of all other apps work correctly. I've ruled out the 800MHz kernal swap (I hear the anti-patch sentiment in that thread ) and the black launcher patch as causes of the issue. I'm hoping that someone else is experiencing this and we can come to a solution - I'm missing universal search already but really don't want to doctor!!

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by XGC75 View Post
    Hey all,

Universal Search is not funtioning properly on my Pre. When I type a query, the "Find... xyz" comes up with a blinking cursor. That's where it stops.

Ordinarily the phone begins pulling up apps, contacts or the global contact search. If nothing is found the google, g. maps, wiki and tweed buttons drop down. However, the only thing present on my phone is the "Find..." bar; no apps appear and the additional options fail to drop down. The phone does not perform an exchange search (no lit EV icon), either.

As an aside, the contact search features of all other apps work correctly. I've ruled out the 800MHz kernal swap (I hear the anti-patch sentiment in that thread ) and the black launcher patch as causes of the issue. I'm hoping that someone else is experiencing this and we can come to a solution - I'm missing universal search already but really don't want to doctor!!

Cheers
    I went as far as to try the webos repair utility and it only made matters worse. Mine was almost certainly caused by installing 1.4.1 while the 800 mhz patch was still installed and then removing it after the update.

So having searched the forums and finding no other solutions I doctored. No doubt, doctering sucks but I an universal search back now.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I didn't have the chance to uninstall the 800 MHz kernel before the 1.4.1.1 (sprint) update, either. Didn't notice anything screwy immediately though, even after a reset, just that the phone was a bit slower.

I uninstalled the kernel (it was running at 500 anyhow) and reinstalled and still no problems with the universal search, for about a day. I can't rule out the possibility that reinstalling the 800Mhz kernel caused the issue, but there's no way I didn't notice that U Search wasn't working for a full day.

What happened when you ran the repair? You say it got worse?