1.    #1  
    For me, this works GREAT!

I moved all my apps to the first page and deleted the blank pages(add/delete pages patch needed). I alphabetized all my apps and my launcher is similar to lets-say the android launcher.

it took me only a couple mins to alphabetize and i'm glad i did.

Installed the "4x4 no fades or arrows + more" and the "hide quicklaunch in launcher" patches. So my launcher fits 4x5 PERFECTLY... I've attached a SS to show you.

I still have my fav 4 in the quicklaunch on my home screen.

I honestly found the alphabetical set up to be easier to get to what i want faster, without having a lag in swiping between pages (doesn't happen all the time, but when it does happen, even on 800mhz, its a drag).

Just thought I would share what works for me.

oh, and i only have 57 icons in the launcher... i don't install a thousand apps i don't use
    I used to do that so I would only have to scroll in one direction (up/down, not sideways), but now I use 8 pages and try to have the apps I use regularly close enough to the top that I rarely ever have to scroll down.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I second the notion of having multiple pages and avoiding scrolling alltogether. running 5x5 to do that myself.

In other news - Palm -> implement iPhone 4.0's folder features for our launchers plz
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Universal search pretty much does away with how many launcher pages you use or how the apps are organized.

Just start typing and a list of icons will appear. ( my launcher pages look a mess but as I stated earlier, who cares with universal search!)
    I use Reset to Middle Page patch, and then settings and least used stuff are on the first and last pages, stuff I use more often is on the middle page or the two to either side.
    Quote Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
    I use Reset to Middle Page patch, and then settings and least used stuff are on the first and last pages, stuff I use more often is on the middle page or the two to either side.
    This one.

If there's a better way let me know.
    I use the patch, named pages,,very easy,,open launcher and hit the page I want and it goes right to it.i have a page for just games,,tools,,music ,contacts. Get to anything I want in 2 seconds,,cant get much better then that. No scrolling up or down on any page.
    Have 8 pages with page wrap patch. Most used apps on first page and then the other pagers are set for types of apps. Games on one, tools - (cals, levels, geo), patch - (preware, internalz, battery monitor...) Palm apps - (help, screen, date/time, app.cat....) you get the idea.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  9.    #9  
    I have done all of the setups you guys named off with named pages and reset to middle, but eventually, I get bored and wanna try something new... And here is where I ended up, 1 page alphebatized...

I guess we will see how long it'll last. For now, since I don't have a cluster**** of apps (only @ 57), this seems to work.

I'll post back once I change up...