1.    #1  
    What!...This is a shame, the beloved Pre has being out for almost a year now and we still dont have third party IM Clients that work properly. I was expecting big things when i bought this phone, but now all i can do is sit down and wonder what could have being!...That sucks!...I'll pay.....Please just bring it to us!..Im pay!
    I think the users who want/need video conferencing are very few so it's not a priority. There's plenty of regular IM clients that work just fine.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I think the users who want/need video conferencing are very few so it's not a priority. There's plenty of regular IM clients that work just fine.
    "Plenty of regular im clients that work fine"......

Please name a few of them except that IM+ i dont see anyother ones..
    How would you even use video conferencing, with the camera and the keyboard on opposite sides of the device??
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

this thread needs to be renamed to "we need third party IM apps"

i'd love a video conf chat app as much as the next guy, but then dianhelen has to go in and bring up this thing called "reality".... I just want my video conf app using magical nonexistent hardware on my pre :P

but seriously though... how is a video conf app even going to work with the camera facing the WRONG way??? i don't understand this thread's request either.
  6.    #6  
    well obviously if you are video chating...you wont need to type....so my point exactly....turn the cam towards yourself and talk. Sites like Ustream and so on...this will be a great feature for them. As for messengers, you can just point the cam towards your face when you want to talk. Only sounds fair that way.
    Last edited by Jason Black; 04/08/2010 at 08:39 AM.
    Even with video conf, you always need to type something, or change some setting, or send a file or some interaction with a keybaord.

HEY! Maybe someone can invent a Pre Periscope!!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

If you turn the camera towards you, you can't see the party to whom you are speaking.
    attach a hang on mirror to ur pre so the reflection can be seen and you an still see ur screen. duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    What!...This is a shame, the beloved Pre has being out for almost a year now and we still dont have third party IM Clients that work properly. I was expecting big things when i bought this phone, but now all i can do is sit down and wonder what could have being!...That sucks!...I'll pay.....Please just bring it to us!..Im pay!
    well sounds like you need to switch to the evo when it comes out since it HAS a front facing camera for video chat/calls/conferencing.. Seriously though anyone who would make a client for our phone for anytthing other than viewing a video conference is wasting their time.. What's the point of turning our phone backwards to video chat when you can't see the other person.. Not really video chat is it? I xould understand you making a big deal about this if we had a front facing camera but come on man.
    You guys don't realize how limiting the SDK is. You mock Apple and the iPhone but they have THOUSANDS of APIs available for the developers, I don't even think Palm has enabled over 200 APIs for WebOS.

Hell, we don't even have access to the mic right now. The problem is, the device is still just too limiting for developers. The PDK is a start, but it's yet to be released.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    haha turn the phone, you cant see who you're talking to. see who you're talking to they cant see you. whats the point of video conferenceing again? lol. just make a phone call.
    Is the pre even capable of video conferencing?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    First we need at least 1 IM app... then we'll talk about video conferencing later. lololol
    We don't even have MSN for crying out loud.
    hmm....mirrors are usually in your bedroom and bathroom. Can only imagine the type of video calls one would make...

HTC EVO = front facing camera. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by ieatpasta View Post
    attach a hang on mirror to ur pre so the reflection can be seen and you an still see ur screen. duh
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.