1. Ax
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    hi all, I have bricked my phone, or correctly froze it. I can put it in usb mode and would start doctoring, applied the metadoctor script already. my question is if it's possible to access the filesystem before doctoring in any way to rescue the current PalmDatabase.db3 or modify the doctor to keep the current db? (not sure if the filesystem is reformatted?). I understand that in this mode ("castle-bootie") no os/drivers are loaded. my hope is to modify the doctor in a way to keep current files or save them before overwriting. any ideas? and yes, always do a backup before playing, I know.

thanks,
    ax.

btw, nice forum feature to search threads while you type new thread post...!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ax View Post
    hi all, I have bricked my phone, or correctly froze it. I can put it in usb mode and would start doctoring, applied the metadoctor script already. my question is if it's possible to access the filesystem before doctoring in any way to rescue the current PalmDatabase.db3 or modify the doctor to keep the current db? (not sure if the filesystem is reformatted?). I understand that in this mode ("castle-bootie") no os/drivers are loaded. my hope is to modify the doctor in a way to keep current files or save them before overwriting. any ideas? and yes, always do a backup before playing, I know.

thanks,
    ax.

btw, nice forum feature to search threads while you type new thread post...!
    Have you tried novaterm? Create a ssh server and use scp to get what you want out of it.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

3. Ax
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I'm in "www,palm,com/ROM" mode, so maximum is I can change into usb mode. novacom sees the pre as "castle-bootie", so no linux is running. But the filesystem is still there, the question is how to keep it or at least backup some files....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ax View Post
    I'm in "www,palm,com/ROM" mode, so maximum is I can change into usb mode. novacom sees the pre as "castle-bootie", so no linux is running. But the filesystem is still there, the question is how to keep it or at least backup some files....
    well what are you trying to back up exactly. The palm profile backs up a lot of stuff if you have it set to.
  5. Ax
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    yes, that's right, all accounts/contacts and applications will be restored. however I'm afraid that the palmdatabase which holds the sms messages will be lost, pretty sure about that. this is what I'm looking for to save.