Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    My friend told me that ever since I updated to 1.4.1.1, email replies back to his emails cuts off his original email that he originally sent to me (make sense?!). This is annoying because he can't see his original email response back to me that I am responding back to him with (like a threaded conversation). This is hard to explain...hmmm...let's try this:

email a) How are you Tim? [an email to me]

reply email b) Fine Jim. And you? [my response back to him]

reply email c) Oh...just fine, Tim. [his response back to me, and he can see reply email b) in my response back to him, but NOT email a) with his original email]

It didn't used to work this way prior to 1.4.1.1, and I am using Gmail on the Pre. I'm not sure if this carries over onto my Exchange account as well, or if this is strictly related to Gmail. It seems like Palm instituted a limit with this latest OS update as to how far back an email string gets included in replies back to other people's email.

Anyone else notice this? Not happy at all...it's frustrating emailing back and forth not seeing the original emails preceding the replies to fully understand the context of the reply. This is very hard to explain!!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Never mind...a patch I had installed caused this behavior. I did an EPR and re-installed all patches except for email-related patches. I think it was one of the Outlook patches that created this behavior.