1.    #1  
    Alright, maybe you all can help me, maybe I'm just missing something obvious... Here's my problem:

I'm trying to sync my music to my Sprint Pre using the syncing feature in Windows Media Player. It says I've got 1200 songs and that they all successfully sync. What's more, if I look through the Pre's files through my computer it shows that all the songs are contained in the phone's memory just like they should be.

Problem is, once I open the Pre's music player, only about 350 songs show up. Some albums will only have a portion of their songs, and some albums are missing entirely!

Now I've tried this twice, and both times the music syncs successfully, and both times I double-checked through my compute that the Pre's memory does indeed contain all those music files. Not to mention, after the first time, when I went to delete those 350 songs to start over the computer confirmed that it was deleting 1200 files.

So it seems everything transfers over successfully, and in fact, looking now at my phone's memory, the appropriate amount of space is indeed being used... But most of that music isn't showing up at all.

Is there a file viewer\manager on the phone somewhere that I can't find? Am I missing something completely obvious? Where's all my music? WHAT GIVES?!

Thanks for any help you can give me...
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    i dont know the problem but i have it too . so if you find anything let me know lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i dont know the problem but i have it too . so if you find anything let me know lol
    Oh man, hate to say it but I'm sorta glad it's not just me! Has this been happening to you for a while or is it a new issue? Maybe it's something to do with an update?
  4.    #4  
    So, uh, nobody's got any ideas about this?
    i know this may sound stupid but are all of them mp3's? my problem is when i just drop the albums in the pre manually it doesn't sync the album covers which is ****ing me off....

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    i had a similar problem with pictures: when i reorganize them (in new folders) they do not appear in the fotos-app

if i remember right "rescan fileindexes" (part of advanced-phonemenu-patch) solved it - somtimes rebooting helps also..
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the replies. Ah hell, turns out many of them are .wav files... Forgot to switch the settings when I ripped all my CDs last summer! Arghhhhh!!!

Anyway, that only explains why some of the music is missing. Other songs are indeed mp3 format and still aren't showing up. Hmm....
    Last edited by glassadam; 04/07/2010 at 03:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    Alright, maybe you all can help me, maybe I'm just missing something obvious... Here's my problem:

I'm trying to sync my music to my Sprint Pre using the syncing feature in Windows Media Player. It says I've got 1200 songs and that they all successfully sync. What's more, if I look through the Pre's files through my computer it shows that all the songs are contained in the phone's memory just like they should be.

Problem is, once I open the Pre's music player, only about 350 songs show up. Some albums will only have a portion of their songs, and some albums are missing entirely!

Now I've tried this twice, and both times the music syncs successfully, and both times I double-checked through my compute that the Pre's memory does indeed contain all those music files. Not to mention, after the first time, when I went to delete those 350 songs to start over the computer confirmed that it was deleting 1200 files.

So it seems everything transfers over successfully, and in fact, looking now at my phone's memory, the appropriate amount of space is indeed being used... But most of that music isn't showing up at all.

Is there a file viewer\manager on the phone somewhere that I can't find? Am I missing something completely obvious? Where's all my music? WHAT GIVES?!

Thanks for any help you can give me...
    Any tips on configuring Windows media player to detect my Pre? When i plug in and hit media sync on my pre windows media played doesnt detect it..
    Thanks..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol