Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    It would be really nice if ALL applications from the store and homebrew included a link to download the app directly and install via quick install from your PC.

This option would be greatly appreciated in the case of:

1) The phone is flashed to a different carrier and unable to download from the webOS link on my phone (My case)
    OR
    2) The phone needs to be replaced and then you lose all your apps and have to pay for them all over again.

It would be SO NICE to keep a library of apps that I downloaded in a folder ready to reinstall in case something happens like I was able to do last summer.
    I am unable to download a single app but if the direct download was available I could install from my PC.

PLEASE START INCLUDING DIRECT DOWNLOAD TO PC LINK FOR ALL APPS (EVEN THE PAY ONES AFTER PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1. All the homebrews have direct links. Visit the homebrew section from this site's homepage and each one has a link. IPK's from homebrews can usually be stored where ever you like but they usually become outdated soon after (sw updates by devs).

2. Even if you lose ur phone, you don't have to pay for apps you've already purchased. All you need to do is redownload them (no charge).
    uh that kinda defeats the purpose of encrypting the usb drive to help prevent piracy.... Doubt many Dev's with paid apps would support this......
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    1. All the homebrews have direct links. Visit the homebrew section from this site's homepage and each one has a link. IPK's from homebrews can usually be stored where ever you like but they usually become outdated soon after (sw updates by devs).

2. Even if you lose ur phone, you don't have to pay for apps you've already purchased. All you need to do is redownload them (no charge).
    As long as you use the same palm account of course
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    never gonna happen

nope

not a chance

and please refrain from CAPS CAPS CAPS as well as !!!!!!!!!!!!

Only one ! Is needed. We get it, you're emphasising...

On the other hand...that isn't really a horrible idea! (see )
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    In the case of Palm Catalog apps, you don't even manually redownload them. After you log into your Palm Profile on the new or reflashed device the Pre will automatically download every app you bought or had downloaded from the App Catalog.

Also the WebOS-Internals staff is working on a new project to save app data and downloaded apps in case you need to recover your device.