Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Is it just me?? Why can't I listen to music and take a photo at the same time??
    Interesting!! I can't either. Never realized this until just now. Odd!
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Probably cause the Camera takes over the Audio APIs in case it needs them for video recorder mode.
    I noticed this recently with DrPodder and the camera as well... i think it's new with 1.4 (it was happening before 1.4.1.1), which may indicate that adding the camcorder might have caused this issue...
    Same here!
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Probably cause the Camera takes over the Audio APIs in case it needs them for video recorder mode.
    I think this is the most logic reason, however this should be for the user to decide.

On a side note my sprint pre running v1.4 could not even open pandora and the camera app without the dreaded too many cards error. So at least 1.4.1.1 fixed that.
    Add the music player to this list.
    This is more intuitive than problem IMO imagine if you were trying to video something while listening to music on your headphones but there was no sound because all you could hear was the song in the background.
    Camera launching seems to kill all audio...
    this confused me at first, but now I just know I can not use any other audio app while the camera is focused. (drpoder, pandora, grooveshark
    Camera POTENTIAL audio needs supersede any other app's audio requests.

(It would be nice to be able to override this, but, oh, well)
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Other apps take control of the audio as needed (Sprint Nav, or phone
    pauses any other streaming audio app for instance). Seems
    pretty silly that the camera app can't do the same. I'd call this a bug.

ian
    Camera takes over all audio.

haven't tried it with a phone call though.
    Be happy the Camera doesn't do what it did in 1.4.0 anymore. It would actually crash the Audio API system to the point you had to do a full reboot to get audio working again.(This would also cause the Camera app to stall)
    Once the camera app is closed, does it return control of the audio API's to the music app?
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    Once the camera app is closed, does it return control of the audio API's to the music app?
    did with mine
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    did with mine
    Then it sounds like a relative non-issue to me.