View Poll Results: Yes I get the Too Many Cards error frequently, and I...

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Have/use a touchstone

6 75.00%
  • Don't have/don't use a touchstone

2 25.00%
  1.    #1  
    This is completely unscientific here, but I'm in a household of 4 palm pres and I get the most Too Many Card error out of all of us. The only difference is that I'm the only one using a touchstone, and that I tend to consistently get the error in the morning after a night of charging on the touchstone.

So, those of you who have been getting the too many card error, can you chime in?

EDIT: What I meant to say is that those of you who are getting the Too Many Card error pls chime in and vote. thx.
    based on how many posts you have, i'm going to go out on a limb and say you probably "use" your pre more than anyone else in your household too! Lemme know if i'm wrong.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    based on how many posts you have, i'm going to go out on a limb and say you probably "use" your pre more than anyone else in your household too! Lemme know if i'm wrong.
    I do... but the fact that i get the error pretty consistently in the morning after a night of charging on the touchstone, when i'm *not* using it... is what makes me suspicious.
    well, i get the too many card error too and I have a touchstone...but I don't get it in the morning when I take it off...usually in the middle of the day when i'm using the phone...you should probably add that as a poll choice.
    Seems highly unlikely that the Touchstone has any effect. The TMC error is caused by apps using up all the memory ... either they are actually running, or the memory is not freed after they finish running. Hard to see how the Touchstone would influence that. It's much more probable that your usage patterns are simply different ... either using the Pre more, or using some app(s) that is causing the memory "outage".
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I use a touchstone and I notice that after my phone has been idle for a while, either charging or in my pocket, I can usually open up my 3D games without an error. After I've been using it for a while Real Soccer and Asphalt 5 won't open and sometimes won't even open after a device restart. I use JStop auto GC and it has helped but I still get the error.

I don't think the touchstone has any effect on it since I only get the error with 3D gaming.