Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Hey guys,
    Sooo I have been a Pre (original) user since day one it launched and have loved my phone...maybe a little too much, and as such, it got a little wear and tear and had to be replaced when the screen stopped working. They gave me a brand new device (well...refurbished I assume, but with all the little hardware improvements) and I quickly resynced my phone and got all the contacts squared away and updated to 1.4.0 and then 1.4.1 when it came out, but now I am having an issue...I tried to search for other messages like this, but couldn't really find anything. It seems that my phone will stop receiving text messages or at least will not notify me of received messages until I open the Messaging app, which cost me a supposedly very fun night with friends I have not seen in awhile last night...so I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and fixed it? I have restarted the phone 2x and it will seem to work, but then will randomly stop notifying me of messages until I manually check. Any advice? I know it is easy to do with backup, but I would hate to have to resync ANOTHER new(ish) Pre.
    any messaging patches installed?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Nope, not messaging patches installed. Only patch installed is the landscape email patch and the battery as percent one. Thats it!
    are you updated to 1.4.1.1? I don't know what else to suggest.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Yep, all updated to 1.4.1.1. This never happened with my old phone that had at least 10 more patches as well as a custom kernel...I dunno what is wrong. A bad refurb? The thing is, when I have the applications open, I get messages and all that, but I stop receiving them when closed.
    i am having same prob intermittently i have tone per contact and notification repeat any suggestions
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Well I just spent some time with the tech support people at Palm and they basically just had me do a partial erase and resync my phone and contacts, which was a pain in the ***, but seems to have solved the problem as far as I can see...I will update if the problem persists
    I was going to suggest that but when I looked at the options I didn't want to be the one to suggest you lose your apps. Glad it worked out!
    Having the same problem here as well. Also same problem with phone calls not coming through unless the phone app has been initialized. I noticed this each time I loaded an app.
    I have had this issue several times now. It occurs randomly so I can place it to a certain. It's definitely very annoying especially when your in a situation where you can only text and not talk.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    some have had the same issue, and it appeared for me whenever i used preware to update/install patches. If you use jstop you could see that the phone and messaging services were being killed somehow, and only restarted with a luna restart or if you manually open up those apps.