Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just curious as to whom else has a similar problem. Just today I had blown my third pre speakerphone in about 6 months. I work in the electronics industry (hardware assembly) and was interested as to what the cause of this was. First time around, I thought it was a problem from metal dust. I placed a coffee filter over my 2nd pre's entire upper back and still had the speaker blown. Today I examined my third blown speaker and see no signs of metal dust. This last and 3rd time around I used the speaker VERY rarely as well. Its quite a surprise, the only similar time I have had something similar happen (as if the speaker has a high pitch filter) was when I accidentally demagnetized my headphones. I'm starting to think there's a correlation between these two things.

This leads me to ask the question - has anyone else blown a speaker (not from excessive loud noise) that is not on the touchstone? I think the touchstone might be toying with the rear speaker.
    i have a touchstone but no broken speaker and im sure there are plenty others with the same
    Other Pre users have stated in here that the magnet in the speaker attracts metal filings and causes the speaker to fail. I have had a TS charger on my launch day Pre now for almost 10 months now, now problems with mine or my two kids (they have had TS chargers since Xmas).
    I had wondered in the past if the touchstone magnets affect the speaker issue as to what lead with a blown speaker. But i have a touchstone and a launch-day pre and still going strong
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    it might be that your having issues with the headphone jack, which might automatically disable the loudspeaker.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    my speaker died the day after buying and charging on touchstone
    Three Pres with touchstones for almost a year now, no blown speakers. My Pre is either sittting on a TS on my nightstand or on my TS in my car most of the time, so I really don't see any correlation between the two.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I figured it was a coincidance
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    it's sounding like a verry common problem
    Hmmmm, let's see, we have over a million Pre's out there and a few people seem to think the TS is blowing out their speakers, getting struck by lightining on a sunny day is more of a common problem than this.
    i use a touchstone, and have had two blown speakers. it could be metal dust in my case, since i work in a metal shop, but i keep my phone in the car, so i figured it wouldnt pick any up off of me, but you never know. I also thought that maybe it was because i was using it as my alarm clock in the morning, and i typically hit snooze a few times. my current replacement hasnt had any problems in the past month, so only time will tell. i have stopped using it as my alarm though.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    there's nothing causing the speaker to blow except for lack of quality materials used in production.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Hmmmm, let's see, we have over a million Pre's out there and a few people seem to think the TS is blowing out their speakers, getting struck by lightining on a sunny day is more of a common problem than this.
    and I never said the touchstone is the problem. When people are on there 3rd and 4th pres with blown speakers that's telling ya something about the speaker
    No problems here. I've been using the touchstone since Sprint launch day.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I love the touchstone
    I'm on my 2nd pre - both blown speakers. Pretty upsetting. (BTW - I have a touchstone)
    On my 3rd Pre now, blown speakers on the first two, we'll see how long this one lasts.....and yeah, I have a touchstone.
    No launch day pre here with 3 touchstones, on one almost all the time, no problems (minus a power button got stuck once). I only keep my speaker on the next to highest volume notch though as I feel the highest one is a bit too much for the speaker. That might be most of people's problem, my guess is most everyone has it cranked all the way up.
    Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    there's nothing causing the speaker to blow except for lack of quality materials used in production.
    iam on my eighth one and this is the only explanation I have. Plus I watch alot of videos. I just hate walking into the sprint store,explaning,and then they think iam doing this on purpose.
    yup, im on my 4th one in less than a month. now this morning its blown again. i think im goin to get an evo!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast