Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1. Tib
    just voted too. go go go
    As much as i want to this to happen......i see that on main page of the voting site u scroll down see all the app/enhancements people are voting for keep on scrolling down and you will see that the mods are replying back only to iPAD users ***Sigh***
    no love for over WebOS even though votes for doc editing app(webos) started month ago or longer.
    Used all 5 of my votes. Up to 2445! WebOS QuickOffice is WAAAY ahead of all other ideas.
    So when is the poll going to end since we are sooooooooo far ahead of everyone else?
    ^ Been wondering that for while now
    it's sad. webOS looks like it's dying.
    This is a bit sad. Not one moderator for this poll has even bothered mentioning that they are at least looking into a quickoffice port for webOS. Even with this idea by far exceeding (5X) the requests of any other idea, there is no acknowledgement what so ever. I feel so unloved by the developer community :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    This is a bit sad. Not one moderator for this poll has even bothered mentioning that they are at least looking into a quickoffice port for webOS. Even with this idea by far exceeding (5X) the requests of any other idea, there is no acknowledgement what so ever. I feel so unloved by the developer community :-(
    Dont be sad =) there is development community here that is working hard to get some doc editing to work for WebOS
    Wanna bet Documents to Go/Doc Editing makes a quick comeback with the HP news????
    This makes reasonably good strategic sense for HP. Windows mobile is not a serious threat or an attractive platform in the consumer (or even enterprise) smart phone market.

I think HP can spread the development cost for webOS better than Palm could alone by applying the software in enterprise and professional (medical / education) devices where HP already has penetration.

I voted for document editing - lets hope developers take this announcement seriously and stop the sissy hand wringing.
  11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    Actually, they have emailed and tweeted me. They are "watching the situation closely." it's only been a few weeks in the making. It would be reasonable for them to take a little while to make a decision...too long for my taste of course, but watchagonnado?
    they better have a hands on meeting tomorrow morning.... and do a feasibility study... AND QUICK.. because i have a feeling that Davaviz is suddenly going to come back with their tale between their legs. Unless their statements are actually correct and they don't want to rewrite everything in javascript..
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    they better have a hands on meeting tomorrow morning.... and do a feasibility study... AND QUICK.. because i have a feeling that Davaviz is suddenly going to come back with their tale between their legs. Unless their statements are actually correct and they don't want to rewrite everything in javascript..
    I thought with the PDK (not SDK) they can now write directly in C?

Rob

PS I also wrote about WebOS also as a competitor to Chrome OS. Everyone is going crazy over the fact that there will most likely be a WebOS tablet, but how about a desktop OS.

WebOS gives HP something to go against Microsoft and Chrome OS (if it get's traction).

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

14.    #174  
    Up to 2496. Someone go give 5 to get it over 2500.
  15.    #175  
    BROKE 2500. Cool!

if you're on twitter, you should check out some of the tweets from @quickoffice today. They actually asked how much we would be willing to pay. Sounds like a new thread!
  16.    #176  
    It's been at 2551 for a few days now. Time for a BUMP!
    The idea of editing documents on such a small device is to me completely ridiculous.
    As long as I can view docs and have somewhere, ie. a notepad i can type stuff into if I have to, thats all I need.
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by irbaboon View Post
    The idea of editing documents on such a small device is to me completely ridiculous.
    As long as I can view docs and have somewhere, ie. a notepad i can type stuff into if I have to, thats all I need.
    Well, I guess you shouldn't be concerned with trying to getting a document editing suite on webos, nor should you be concerned with buying such a suite when one comes available.

I think it is ridiculous that some people can't see anything from another's point of view. Obviously there are many of us who want or need this functionality on their phones, and maybe that's not you, but that doesn't make what I need to do ridiculous.

Being able to type in data into an excel speadsheet on my phone, on the fly, while I work probably saves me 10 hours a week of recopying that data at a computer. I can't take a laptop or even a netbook with me, so my phone is my only option. Best of all, is that I have preset spreadsheets with formulas that allow me to give my clients instantaneous feedback as I go which means my time with them is more productive and they are happier and keep coming back.

I still carry two phones with me every day: my pre, and my old MotoQ9c just so I have the functionality I need. I would prefer to just take my pre, so therefore having a document editing solution on my pre is a top priority for me.
    I can not believe that someone hasn't made an app or the WEB OS hasn't addressed this item. How can you compete for business users? I guess I'll go back to Blackberry!
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by BRIANBARATZ View Post
    I can not believe that someone hasn't made an app or the WEB OS hasn't addressed this item. How can you compete for business users? I guess I'll go back to Blackberry!
    I'm not sure, are you talking about a spell checker in relation to a document editing suite? If you are looking for a spell checker the pre does have an auto correct feature, and if the number of words it corrects is not up to your standard there is a patch that will add 3000 auto correct words to the list. If you are looking for a true spell checker within a document editing suite, well we'll still just have to wait for the suite then won't we. =)
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast