Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    So back to the subject sort of. OpenOffice on the Pre really isn't a tough thing to pull off. Why? You ask. I have it installed right now. Using a rather advanced setup to run X in an SDL based card and Debian in my media portion via chroot. I simply installed it with apt-get and loaded it right up. With a few tweaks it's really not too bad to edit a document. Moves along quite nicely with little lag (on a 500mhz Pre). I'm going to post some videos tomorrow for anyone whos curious to see.
    Just out of curiosity, have you tried Abiword or Gnumeric? I'd think that lag would be even less of an issue with more lightweight apps such as those two.
    I would really like to see some form of document editing on board. Last week I posted a small survey on twitter and document editing was the biggest single requested application (posted below).

Go Palm!

@prenotes
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just curious to know if Palm actually doing anything to encourage developers to provide document editing app for Pre???
    Voted. At 651 now.
    voted. 656 now
    wow it great to see how many votes we have now, lets keep up the good work guys
    Oh come on now, we are still at 656. I know a lot of yous guys want this, so lets get this thing going.
  8.    #88  
    Well, we do have a commanding lead, but the hebrew language idea has gained 20 votes today. It will be interesting to see if they will try to organize a comeback in the coming days.

Last week, my open letter to Data sisn't catch on for a few days until Robert put it up on the blog. If that happens, we'll blow the numbers throug the roof, but if not, we'll jus keep bringing it up. It'll all work out in the end.
    Alright guys we have a slight number change now, we are at 661, lets keep them numbers Rolling guys. I'm assuming the higher the number, the faster we may have this.
    bad omen? 666 now!

Have you done your part in voting webos,for Quickoffice Development???
    VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE....DO IT NOW,PLEASE
    Last edited by pr3tard; 04/05/2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: added the vote, vote, vote
    Quote Originally Posted by pr3tard View Post
    bad omen? 666 now!

Have you done your part in voting webos,for Quickoffice Development???
    VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE....DO IT NOW,PLEASE
    oh nooooo that will explain the hail storm that is in my area lol. BTW you should put the link in your signature, you can do so by going to User cp on the top left, along with a link like mines if you like welcome aboard
  12.    #92  
    Hmmm...I'm getting a server side java error when I go to the page now.

Maybe we broke it! ;D
    I cant figure out how to copy and paste my signature here with out it getting embedded lol
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    I cant figure out how to copy and paste my signature here with out it getting embedded lol
    try putting it in quotations
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    Hmmm...I'm getting a server side java error when I go to the page now.

Maybe we broke it! ;D
    nope. Never mind. Hit refresh and it came back.
    oh well i tried lol, still cant get it
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    What I don't get, is why doesn't Palm just front some money to a company like DataViz or QuickOffice. Like give them $100k up front and say 'develop this app' and you can still sell it and make more money. This would benefit both companies really.
    cause they are stupid lol
    Alright swet deal guys 676, way to go!!!!!!!!
    696 my friends