Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    44 votes away from the iphone...

Which is 9 new people voting..

edit: 39 votes away, 8 more people needed...

edit: 29 votes away, 6 more people needed...
    Last edited by nimer55; 04/04/2010 at 08:13 PM.
  2.    #62  
    367! 411 by 8am est or bust
  3.    #63  
    382! 4 more voters please!
  4.    #64  
    402! 2 more voters ftw!
  5.    #65  
    412!!! =)

y'all raock!
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    So back to the subject sort of. OpenOffice on the Pre really isn't a tough thing to pull off. Why? You ask. I have it installed right now. Using a rather advanced setup to run X in an SDL based card and Debian in my media portion via chroot. I simply installed it with apt-get and loaded it right up. With a few tweaks it's really not too bad to edit a document. Moves along quite nicely with little lag (on a 500mhz Pre). I'm going to post some videos tomorrow for anyone whos curious to see.

- Phil -
    yeah I'm curious to see that video, please post it is it an actual app that you are using?
    We need to get all the people voting in March Madness contests to get on this and vote for this app to get to webos. We have over 10K votes in almost each of the matches, this needs to translate into something that can benefit our community. This will not only help those who want an app like this but help us all because these are the types of apps that bring new customers to webos.

@Dieter can we get this on the front page. Thanks
    Hey i noticed that one the site it says that we are idea rank#1 does that mean we have the most votes out of everyone????
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    yeah I'm curious to see that video, please post it is it an actual app that you are using?
    It's the full desktop version of OpenOffice. Since it's running in an X environment which is running in it's own card it's easy to switch between other apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    It's the full desktop version of OpenOffice. Since it's running in an X environment which is running in it's own card it's easy to switch between other apps.
    cool thanks, cant wait till see the video, then that proves that quickoffice should have no problem doing this for webos
  12. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Gave my 5. Oh the beauty of an organized community!
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Hey i noticed that one the site it says that we are idea rank#1 does that mean we have the most votes out of everyone????
    Yes. And we now have just a little over 500 points. We could very easily put this thing away to the point where it would be hard for anything else to catch up.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    I'll be watching for that, as well as step by step instructions.
    voted 5x
    we are now at 518, hope we can at least get 1000, cause if we raised it up by 400 since yesterday then can you imagine after a week or so, lets keep the momentum going guys
  17.    #77  
    Thinkfree is a non-starter. Here is the email they sent me:

Dear Hack,

Thank you for the request and interest in our product as well. As per your inquiry, we will let know that we do not have any plans to develop for webOS in the near future. We hope this information is helpful and please let us know if you have further questions about ThinkFree.

Sincerely,

ThinkFree, Corp./ Customer support team
    ref:00D2JSNc.50029cNoV:ref
  18.    #78  
    It's at 600. Is it stuck?! ;D
  19.    #79  
    Guess not, it's at 605.

Remember, you can give 5 votes!!!!
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    LMAO.. We tipped this boat over!

Think they can tell we're serious? lol..
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast