Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
  1.    #181  
    oh, yeah, and I totally sympathize with your frustration and the temptation to leave webos for something else. But then you would also lose all the other cool things webos does. It will get better, and if you can wait it out, it will be way better than anything else you could get in the mean time.
    So after few month later we still don't have anything on this.....not even a single comment from the moderator/admin of the site unless your product start with "i" u don't get any responses...oh and the votes are at 2835
    What a waste of time.
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    So after few month later we still don't have anything on this.....not even a single comment from the moderator/admin of the site unless your product start with "i" u don't get any responses...oh and the votes are at 2835
    What a waste of time.
    Well, they have responded (via twitter and email) and have said "we're keeping an eye on the situation." I know, not a definitive word yet, but not nothing.

I don't think it's a waste of time. It was fun. After a while, with a bunch of new ATT users on board, i'll probably push the whole thing again and see if we can bump it up even more. More fun!

And, it got us noticed, so the chances of them developing for webOS have to be better now than they were before. Add to that the HP buyout, and DataViz' fumble can't hurt our chances either.

Even if they are seriously considering developing for webOS, the whole process could take months, and they pretty much have to finish whatever is in the pipe first. So, be patient. =)

I'm betting that once we see hybrid apps fully supported, and HP's capital helping things along, both Quickoffice and DataViz will make surprisingly fast progress on webOS versions of their apps.
    how do you vote
  5.    #185  
    well, you could follow the link in the op. It's kinda cool to go do that and see how many points we ran up. But, if haven't heard, quickoffice has committed to developing a suite. There will be a new viewer program with webOS 2.0, and an editor to follow in the appcat.

if you do go vote, be sure to give it all 5 of your "tokens."
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    well, you could follow the link in the op. It's kinda cool to go do that and see how many points we ran up. But, if haven't heard, quickoffice has committed to developing a suite. There will be a new viewer program with webOS 2.0, and an editor to follow in the appcat.

if you do go vote, be sure to give it all 5 of your "tokens."
    what is op?
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by ecurveman View Post
    what is op?
    Doh, sorry. O.P. stands for "original post" - the first post in the thread. Here's the link: http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
  8.    #188  
    Hey everyone, we're at 2935, and y'all know I can't stand being so close to 3000. Let's bump this thing over the top. If we get 13 people to give their 5 tokens each, we will get there.
    Added my 5. Up to 2940 for whatever it might be worth at this point.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Is this thread needed anymore? webOS 2.0 is around the corner and has QuickOffice incorporated into the build.
    Well, I put my +1 for a native editor as well :P
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Is this thread needed anymore? webOS 2.0 is around the corner and has QuickOffice incorporated into the build.
    I didn't know QuickOffice is fully editable in 2.0???

In fact I'm really sure you can't do that yet:
    http://www.precentral.net/quickoffic...os-2-0-product
    Last edited by deesugar; 01/19/2011 at 10:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    but wouldn't it be the same as using goggle docs? a lot of people don't like to leave documents that may be confidential up in the cloud, but instead would like to save it on their pre and transfer to their pc privately
    You can't edit Google Docs Word docs, only Excel on the Pre.
    ...if so, I'm definitely voting here
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910