1.    #1  
    Since the MiFi is now free, I decided to try it out on my wife's Pixi. Everything connected just fine, but when I open IE on the laptop, it drives me to the VZW tethering TOS page, asking me to confirm I want to pay $39.95 for the privilege. Is this normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by OdzBodkinz View Post
    Since the MiFi is now free, I decided to try it out on my wife's Pixi. Everything connected just fine, but when I open IE on the laptop, it drives me to the VZW tethering TOS page, asking me to confirm I want to pay $39.95 for the privilege. Is this normal?
    Are you using a Pixi Plus with Mobile Hotspot, or an actual MiFi? The Mobile Hotspot is free, but you MUST add it online through Verizon's website.

On a side note, you should use Firefox and not IE. IE has so many vulnerabilities it isn't even funny.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Are you using a Pixi Plus with Mobile Hotspot, or an actual MiFi? The Mobile Hotspot is free, but you MUST add it online through Verizon's website.

On a side note, you should use Firefox and not IE. IE has so many vulnerabilities it isn't even funny.

Sorry I meant the mobile HotSpot...I didnt realize I needed to add the feature. Thanks.
    Do you think they'll ever change the price from free back to $40 a month? Since we're already signed up we'll just end up with a surprise charge one month?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthomondo View Post
    Do you think they'll ever change the price from free back to $40 a month? Since we're already signed up we'll just end up with a surprise charge one month?
    I just called Verizon today to get some assistance and I asked them about this, the guy read me the terms of the offer (free hotspot service, that is) and it basically said that as long as you keep the phone and number you would get the service free. (Not sure about upgrades in the future though.)
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaspeaks View Post
    I just called Verizon today to get some assistance and I asked them about this, the guy read me the terms of the offer (free hotspot service, that is) and it basically said that as long as you keep the phone and number you would get the service free. (Not sure about upgrades in the future though.)

I activated it today and the person on the phone laughed at me when I asked if the price could go up. She said it wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthomondo View Post
    I activated it today and the person on the phone laughed at me when I asked if the price could go up. She said it wouldn't.
    TELL HER ITS NOT FUNNY!!!!! IN CANADA THIS HAPPENS!!!!

I was under a 3 year agreement, and my bill started costing alot more... System acces fee went up like 2 dollars, caller id went up 2 dollars, and they started charging me 10 cents for each incoming text (use to be free). I never texted, but got some a month, and ended up paying another 1-3 dollars for that.. I was paying about 6 bucks more a month...

I think canada passed a bill this year saying they couldn't do that any longer, but i'm not sure... Internet, phone, cable, etc.. Is one of the few things where the US regulates more than canada. WE NEED MORE REGULATIONS! People say we need more competetion, while that helps, regulation is where it's at.. We have 3 major players, the Us has 4, we have 1/10th of the population, so we have a fair amount of choice, but do to a lack of regulations, the companies can get away with screwing people...

WE have 3 year contracts. I called bell, asking about a hardware upgrade, and they told me that after 2 years , and 4 months of having my contract (8 months before it ends) i could get 100 bucks off the full purchase price (that = 500 bucks for a pre, vs 0 dollars for a pre for a full 3 year contract)...

IT's horrible....

anyways, back on topic, how's the mobile hotspot working out for you?