Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have never been able to get this patch to work. Any suggestions.
    Patch update submitted...
    Where is the capture with space bar patch?
    There is no 'capture with space bar' patch, it does that anyway.

But having to slide the keyboard out, turned on the side if you want a landscape shot....sometimes isn't practical.

Capture with volume keys has never worked for me either.
    It worked prior to v1.4.0. The camera controller's capture method got renamed to stillCapture when video was introduced. The patch just needed to be updated with the new name. wiki link

This patch one I consider essential -- pictures are much less prone to blur (esp. in low light conditions) because you can hold the camera steady while capturing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tk102 View Post
    It worked prior to v1.4.0. The camera controller's capture method got renamed to stillCapture when video was introduced. The patch just needed to be updated with the new name. [url= link[/url]

This patch one I consider essential -- pictures are much less prone to blur (esp. in low light conditions) because you can hold the camera steady while capturing.
    still doesn't work for me.

just updated and the volime icon just shows up as usual.
    I need paths and filenames necc. to fully remove this patch.

"org.webosinternals.patches.camera-capture-with-volume-keys"

EPR and AUPT will not remove it completely and the last version will not install "on top of" the one that apparently was not fully removed by EPR:
    Patching file: usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/app/controllers/capture-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed Patch Detected
    Skipping blah blah

Tried WebOS Repair - didn't fix problem. I would rather not use Webdoctor if all I have to do is delete or edit a few files (or write a script that forces these actions). I'm comfortable enough w/ Linux to do so, but without a list, or knowing whether the patch IDs key off of filedate or other attributes, I will waste a lot of time.

Thank you.
    Same problem here. Patch is installed fine (did EPR and reinstalled all patches after the 1.4.1.1 update) but it does not take picture when volume keys are pressed!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Same problem here. Patch is installed fine (did EPR and reinstalled all patches after the 1.4.1.1 update) but it does not take picture when volume keys are pressed!
    Yeah you're right, I just updated it today and I just tried it, no good. Hmmmm!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I couldn't find a thread for this patch so I emailed the maintainer to inform him of the problem. I will post here if and when I get a reply.

In the mean time I installed the Capture with any key patch. It's has a nice feature which allows you to capture a picture by taping the gesture area.
    Last edited by vza33; 04/02/2010 at 06:00 PM.

Id had never got this patch to work right my self, every time i did it their was a huge time delay and the volume icon on the phone would start going crazy. After removing it i just do everything from the space bar and it works great, awesome idea of palm to do that along with you hold the space bar down it will take multiple pictures until you let go. great stuff
    yea hasn't worked for me since the 1.4 update just uninstalled it...hope it starts working again
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    It didn't work for me even when i had 1.3.5, but did get worst after 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I couldn't find a thread for this patch so I emailed the maintainer to inform him of the problem. I will post here if and when I get a reply.

In the mean time I installed the Capture with any key patch. It's has a nice feature which allows you to capture a picture by taping the gesture area.
    The problem I had with that patch is that I was constantly taking pictures accidently. Had several pictures of the floor & my legs that I had to delete!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    The problem I had with that patch is that I was constantly taking pictures accidently. Had several pictures of the floor & my legs that I had to delete!
    Yeah that could be a problem.

I heard back from person listed as the maintainer of the patch. Unfortunately he didn't write the patch. He referred me to the webOS internals wiki. I found the patch listed but no author.

there are two known patches for me that doesn't work. Capture with volume keys,end call with center button. Before 1.4,with 1.4,and after 1.4...
    Worked before 1.4x for me, but doesn't work after even if the preware cat tells this would be 1.4.1 compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    Worked before 1.4x for me, but doesn't work after even if the preware cat tells this would be 1.4.1 compatible.
    It has been updated as a AUPT patch, but the patch itself has not been maintained and modified for 1.4 and later.

The working 1.4.0+ patch should now be available via Preware. A thread for this patch has been started in the WebOS Patches forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast