Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Has anyone noticed that us Canadian users have Yahoo Messenger now?
    Yayy! This is wonderful news! I cheer for you and pray that I find Yahoo IM in my Verizon version of this update. *fingers crossed*
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    who the hell uses yahoo messenger? ... Msn and now facebook chat all the way..
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    I don't... but... I do use my yahoo email as an account on msn messenger. I guess the great thing about yahoo is I can now use that account to access my msn contacts.

But I do agree... MSN would be the ideal messenger to have on the Pre. I'm having issues installing the plugin on 1.4.1. sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    Yayy! This is wonderful news! I cheer for you and pray that I find Yahoo IM in my Verizon version of this update. *fingers crossed*
    You probably will when Verizon decides 1.5 is a big enough update to approve of it when we get 3.5

My belief is that Verizon didn't think those necessary bug fixes were important enough to warrant two or three people testing a device with 1.4.1.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    Me, which is why I'm happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    You probably will when Verizon decides 1.5 is a big enough update to approve of it when we get 3.5

My belief is that Verizon didn't think those necessary bug fixes were important enough to warrant two or three people testing a device with 1.4.1.
    I pray not...but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if you were correct. Given all they are doing to sell Palm phones right now (dropping the price, making the hotspot free), I would hope they were smarter about this. Time will tell.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I've had yahoo I'm since I think 1.3.5 on sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by mehigh View Post
    I've had yahoo I'm since I think 1.3.5 on sprint.
    Verizon users weren't so lucky.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I'm sorry everyone, but I just noticed that Yahoo messenger for Canada was a false alarm. It seems that after deleting my messenger patch before this new 1.4.1 update, it did not completely get erased and it has left Yahoo on my phone. After the update though, my messaging system is all messed up. Doctoring the phone eventually fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreBot View Post
    I'm sorry everyone, but I just noticed that Yahoo messenger for Canada was a false alarm. It seems that after deleting my messenger patch before this new 1.4.1 update, it did not completely get erased and it has left Yahoo on my phone. After the update though, my messaging system is all messed up. Doctoring the phone eventually fixed it.
    Thanks for the update, I appreciate you coming back to let us know. Guess I won't find Yahoo IM in the Verizon update (where ever it is) after all. I'm going to have to patch it I suppose.