Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I was in my local Best Buy a few days ago and was interested in what the prevailing recommendations were with regards to smartphones. Asking which OS that they would recommend, webOS was not mentioned. When I asked the salesperson directly about it, she said that it was terrible and tried to steer me away from either of the Pres or Pixis! This is particularly disturbing because they offer phone from 3 of the 4 major U.S. carriers and they seem to push Android first, then Blackberry, without regards to carrier! Has anyone else experienced this, either at Best Buy or Radio Shack?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    It is kind of hard to generalize based no a visit to one Best Buy. I talked to very helpful folks at different Best Buys when I got my Pre and later Pixi Plus.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    It is kind of hard to generalize based no a visit to one Best Buy. I talked to very helpful folks at different Best Buys when I got my Pre and later Pixi Plus.
    yes... at my local BB, almost all the reps have the Pre / Pre+. They love it
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Anyone else?
    i am an employee of BB,
    and its a device i always mention to everyone, also the staff at my store knows how much i love my unit.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Chill out fool. You don't have to be a jerk telling him to "go cry some place else." He's just sharing his experience. You are not an awesome ninja by any means, and you just came off as the opposite of what your name implies.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    "Ninja", very helpful comment! What would the forums do without your significant and thoughtful input???
    I can't blame em. The phone did kinda blow.

I think the hardware issues are fixed now more less but the damage is done.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    the OS itself has more potential out of any mobile OS but not fully mature yet
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    the OS itself has more potential out of any mobile OS but not fully mature yet
    QFT.

Plus, the UI is so different that the sheer intuitiveness of it can be offputting--only because people are used to non-intuitive UI's nowadays. At least, thats how I feel people perceive the situation.
    Here is the issue: Retail store employees sell with personal opinions... not facts.

I worked at Best Buy for a while and it was clear as day. There were a few people who were complete idiots that I could not stand to work with that clearly shouldn't be selling "tech" items.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I had the same issue when I got my wife a Pre. They kept trying to talk me into a HTC.
    We had the same experience at Radio Shack. You'd explain what type of activities you do and how you use your phone to two different sales associates and they both would direct you to two different phones. One said the Blackberry would be perfect for my wife, the other tried moving her to the Pre. The manager over the electronics at Best Buy listens for buying cues and directs you towards the phone you already want to purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD View Post
    Here is the issue: Retail store employees sell with personal opinions... not facts.
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNinjaGo View Post
    Chill out fool. You don't have to be a jerk telling him to "go cry some place else." He's just sharing his experience. You are not an awesome ninja by any means, and you just came off as the opposite of what your name implies.
    Ninjas are awesome when they are on a mission to virtually assassinate some fat guy with no sex drive and 3 kids who goes to Best Buy and thinks the employees actually know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by drjjd3 View Post
    "Ninja", very helpful comment! What would the forums do without your significant and thoughtful input???
    See above for more helpful comment.
    If youve seen any of my previous posts you probably know I work in Best Buy Mobile. Every person at BBY is gonna have their own opinion at my store my and the other guy I work with both have pres and my mobile manager has a Droid. Guess who loves their phones and guess who hates theirs? My manager got hers free from Verizon and she recommends WebOS over Android all the time. I will admit that we get more pres back for hardware issues but we get way more android phones from software issues.