Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I've tried to find an answer to this several times but can't for some reason.. so I decided to make a post to ask the question.

Does the mytether app/patch work with the VZW pre plus on 1.4? I tried to install the app but it didn't work so I'm not sure if I just did it wrong or what... oh and one more question... if the mytether app will work.. will it be free or will VZW think you are using the official app and charge you the $40 per month. It seems like 99% of the talk about this app is surrounding Sprint so maybe the answer was out there but I just missed it.

Thanks for the help.
    yes. I am using it
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yes. I am using it
    Where did you get it from and how did you install it? I'm somewhat new to WebOS so I'm still trying to learn how to do all of this.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    In the donor forum at mytether.net, there's a discussion on enabling tethering only while on an active telephone call. Once the computer is connected, you can disconnect the call. This apparently has some impact on making sure the phone handles network traffic to and from the computer properly.
    I don't think the free version has wifi tethering anymore. The donor version does and works great.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Well I think I downloaded the latest mytether app but I cant seem to install it. Does anyone have written instructions on how to do this so I can make sure I am doing it step by step?
    Mobile Hotspot is now free on Verizon!! Free!!!
    just be careful because, like all the big companies now...you only get 5gb of data per month when using tethering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustin_thewind View Post
    just be careful because, like all the big companies now...you only get 5gb of data per month when using tethering.
    Correction - you only get 5gb of data per month when using Mobile Hotspot. If you are tethering using something else, it does not count on the 5gb.

HOWEVER...if they notice you have "an abnormal usage pattern" then they will look into and there may be consequences.