1.    #1  
    will palm keep their customers happy and enable it for pre too?
    dont think its something they can enable OTA
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    It sounds impressive having a HDMI output on a smartphone but I can't imagine this will be a feature that will be high in demand.

I'm thinking the majority of smartphone users will never use it or miss it!
    (when's the last time you hooked up your point and shoot camera to the big screen)
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    what can you do with the evo hdmi out? Video output, I get it. How about monitor functionality? Can it be used for a monitor with os function displayed?
    I would love this option if Palm had it. You could use it to watch any videos or movies you had on your phone, for example while working out. I am sure there are many other reasons why this option would be used. It would be best on the new Palm phone when they include a sd card slot of some sort (fingers crossed) so you could store more movies, tv shows or music videos on it. If Apple can include this option with their Ipod Nano's then Palm should be able to easily include this option with their new hardware.
    If they put it in we will find a use, like an output for gaming (yes I'm aware Ill be flamed). Or to use it for presentations, with the docs to go app?
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    It sounds impressive having a HDMI output on a smartphone but I can't imagine this will be a feature that will be high in demand.

(when's the last time you hooked up your point and shoot camera to the big screen)
    Well my son At 11 years old that has a pre now is already talking about the HDMI output he is ready to start using it now if the pre had it
  8.    #8  
    thanks for the replies, I just wanted to throw it out there to get the buzz going for it. Hopefully palm doesnt leave the og pre out.. that would force some ppl to go out and get a new phone.. but then again, when your 1 year, or 2 year contract is up, its usually time to upgrade anyways..
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post

And how many smartphones to date have supported full HD video recording? I love the idea of being able to capture full HD video then taking it and directly connecting it to my HD tv to show to the family.

Much easier than taking it off the phone, putting it on the computer, and then finding another method of showing it on the TV.
    I've been hearing the "no one needs that" argument my entire life about all things tech, needless to say it is a very very tired argument. HDMI out would be awesome, but palm needs to one up the evo and offer full 1080p!
    Don't hold your breath on this one. I don't think Palm is looking at this type of functionality for their new phone.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!