Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I am bugged continuously by WebOS, saying that Hotmail cannot be connected. But yet when I enter into the Email application I can see the messages old and new, so it is making the connection. It will work for a few hrs (syncs every 15 mins) and then randomly it will prompt me saying it cannot access it again. Yahoo and Gmail or working perfectly fine. (gmail is as arrives and yahoo is 30 mins)

Anyone have any ideas? I am using normal out of the box Pop3 for hotmail, which I believe is all we can use with Hotmail. I have tried removing the account, re-adding it. Changing passwords on the account. All of the credentials are correct but still the Pre will not correctly check the hotmail server all the time.

Anyone have anything?

Thanks
    Well, I actually switched to Gmail since getting the Pre (and I was using Hotmail for over 10yrs!).

However, I did add my old hotmail account and everything sync'ed fine.

From everything I've read, Hotmail isn't "officially" supported, hence my switching to Gmail. Plus with Gmail you get sync'ed contacts and calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoncorey View Post
    I am bugged continuously by WebOS, saying that Hotmail cannot be connected. But yet when I enter into the Email application I can see the messages old and new, so it is making the connection. It will work for a few hrs (syncs every 15 mins) and then randomly it will prompt me saying it cannot access it again. Yahoo and Gmail or working perfectly fine. (gmail is as arrives and yahoo is 30 mins)

Anyone have any ideas? I am using normal out of the box Pop3 for hotmail, which I believe is all we can use with Hotmail. I have tried removing the account, re-adding it. Changing passwords on the account. All of the credentials are correct but still the Pre will not correctly check the hotmail server all the time.

Anyone have anything?

Thanks
    hi mate i dont know if you have got Hotmail sorted yet but try these settings:
    mail type; POP
    incoming mail server: pop3.live.com
    user name: your hotmail
    password: your password
    Encryption: SSL
    Port: 995

Outgoing mail server: smtp.live.com
    use Authentication: On
    user name: your hotmail
    password: your password
    Encryption: TLS
    Port: 25