Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I hope the update is coming soon because I'm always getting the too many cards notification when I have nothing open and try to open one thing. Its extremely frustrating. Also I've noticed the phone gets a bit sluggish at times. When apps like the camera open sometimes nothing happens and I end up having to flick away the card and open up a new one. Sometimes when I click on an icon it just freezes doesn't even throw up a card to show that its opening the app.
    My guess is it will be on March 32.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    April 1st, confirmed by Jon's personal executive secretary.
    Overclocking is a good option for fixing a sluggish Pre. I've had mine overclocked for 3 days I think. I couldn't be happier with my Pre ))! It's like falling in love with my Pre all over again (or for the first time to some).
    Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    Go and see the WebOS Doctor, never had this issue on mine and it was updated to 1.4 using the doctor instead of OTA update.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    April 1st, confirmed by Jon's personal executive secretary.
    Hmmm.. I'm not sure I'd install an OS update released on April 1st! lol
    If you can, install the JsTop app. It is in preware. Once I installed this the "too many card" stuff has never happened again. Just make sure you set the app to automatic.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Had my Verizon Pre for 3 months now, and never had an issue. My guess is you guys hacking around on your device is the reason for the problems.
    Tomorrow
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    As mentioned above Jstop works wonders and is a free app! Its available via Preware. I only wish the official app catalog had some gems like this.
    I agree, I just finally got my Pre about a week ago. It had an old webOS on it but I am not sure about the version and it ran fine, though my battery life was extremely short. Then I got the update and my battery life improved drastically, but the "too many cards" error which I had only seen once when trying to open the Assassin's Creed demo is now a several times daily occurrence. I hope they do update it soon, is anyone having issues with the screen lock acting sluggish and buggy? Also, has anyone ever used the DIVX web player for the Pre? TIA
    Also, I will do some research on the April 1st update, I hope so...
    Last edited by stephani.forsythe; 03/30/2010 at 10:06 AM. Reason: One last thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    If you can, install the JsTop app. It is in preware. Once I installed this the "too many card" stuff has never happened again. Just make sure you set the app to automatic.
    By "set the app to automatic" are you referring to the option for "Enable Auto GC" ?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthewj555 View Post
    When will the next WebOs update hit to cure all the bugs in 1.4?
    This is a question for which this forum has no confirmed answer.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    From what I heard from a techie on Palms Developer forum on March 12th ago is that it would be available within the next couple of weeks and one thing it fixes is how long cards stay active in the background or something like that.

Here is the link: https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p=23218#p23218
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapfx View Post
    As mentioned above Jstop works wonders and is a free app! Its available via Preware. I only wish the official app catalog had some gems like this.
    But that might lead to an assumed admission that their GC algorithms are bunk and the OS needs something above and beyond to manage it
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    for the folks who have app updates available showing all the time did that mess with the last update. i just cant get rid of it unistalled everything and did a hard reset nothing works. i just hate getting excited for nothing. oh the update hit tomorrow for sure
    *sigh*

You know, I'm all for being patient and waiting until everything is magically fixed, but now everyone has to get me excited. This will be an exercise in staying calm for when 1.4.x may or may not come out.

What's really on my mind, though? It's been so long since 1.3.5 that I have no idea what THAT experience was like. Is my Sprint Pixi faster? Has 1.4 figured out its new home in my pixi and finally found its way around the "house" so that there are only minor problems like not responding to my taps?

Wait, that not responding to my taps IS a problem! But... As I said before, I can't remember what it was like before 1.4. Perhaps Palm will keep us waiting until June so that any update will seem like heaven.

There we go... I'm not counting on a March 31st or April 1st release. I'm shooting for June...
    pretty sure they are replacing the native nfl app with a native football app of there own,,this is suppose to happen on march 31. I'm just guessing this needs to be done in an update, so I guessing it will be tomorrow. Then again,,what the hell do I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Go and see the WebOS Doctor, never had this issue on mine and it was updated to 1.4 using the doctor instead of OTA update.
    I always visit Jason's repair utility before I try the doctor. It has fixed all my problems so far.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    April 1st! Wow, thats actually pretty fast. Lets hope its true... if not, it will be quite annoying. I'm constantly plagued by the automatically changing volume bug.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast