Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    How nice of them.
    this sucks....I loved Docs to Go on my 755
    We will just take our money elsewhere, its all good don't forget to let openoffice know that we means business
  4.    #124  
    I just posted this to the DataViz blog. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now. However, I do have more to say on this subject, and I will be posting my thoughts soon. Watch for my next thread in a day or two.

Thank you for responding.

Yes, the news is disappointing, but not unexpected. Having solicited the opinion of developers (http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ting-apps.html) and seeing the tweet today from @unwiredben I understand that it may be difficult for you to develop Documents to Go for webOS at this time. The limitations for the SDK and PDK are not your responsibility. It may be debatable as to whether your choice to use a hybrid approach using both javascript and the PDK (which is currently unsupported by webOS) was the only viable option for you. I will waste no time in questioning your decision. To do so is pointless.

All I can really say is that I wish we had known this sooner. I accept your apology. It is my sincere hope that the limitations that you face with webOS will be completely overcome soon, and that you may begin development in earnest. Given the statements you have made today, and the nature of the webOS community at large, I think it goes without saying that we will hold you accountable to developing for webOS when the technical limitations are overcome. I am certain that there will be enough webOS users around that will still want your program at that time that it will still be a successful venture for you.

I do have more comments on this subject that I will post in a thread on Precentral in the near future as that will be the more appropriate venue for such.

Again, I thank you for the reply and commend you for your frankness.

AH
    Hey DataViz,

Aren't you now kicking yourself for not getting that doc editing program to webOS. With, webOS going to the HP slate, you could have been a premier software company on a huge platform but I guess not anymore. I for one will not buy your app since you left us out to dry when I could have used your apps. OpenOffice will do us just fine. :-)
  6. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    Hey DataViz,

Aren't you now kicking yourself for not getting that doc editing program to webOS. With, webOS going to the HP slate, you could have been a premier software company on a huge platform but I guess not anymore. I for one will not buy your app since you left us out to dry when I could have used your apps. OpenOffice will do us just fine. :-)
    I think they'll really be kicking themselves once an alternative doc editing app pops up for webOS. They could still jump in.
    Thats true but the one thing I seem to notice is that webOS users seem to be quite loyal. So, when the first doc editing app gets released it will be the most favored app among the webOS users.
  8.    #129  
    Prediction: DataViz will be the first native document editing solution on webOS. Simply because of the prior relationship, and if HP wanted to subsidize it (I think they will) DataViz will be the logical choice.

EDIT: And by document editing solution, I mean a full suite that will edit and save in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint format.
    If I stick with webOS I pay for the first suite that has tabbed worksheets in excel. Probably the biggest feature I need to get carried over from the desktop.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  10.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    If I stick with webOS I pay for the first suite that has tabbed worksheets in excel. Probably the biggest feature I need to get carried over from the desktop.
    I don't know what the other versions of DtG are like, but I know that it supports multiple worksheets in a workbook in the verion that I have on my MotoQ. It doesn't support them in tabs, though: you have to select them through a menu, and you can add new ones, delete the ones you have, rename, etc. If that's not supported, I will be dissapointed.
    Doh! found it. Menu -> View -> Worksheets. Haven't used a tab worksheet on the mobile yet. This was my first time. Could always follow the age old advice, RTFM

Thanks for the heads up.
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    I don't know what the other versions of DtG are like, but I know that it supports multiple worksheets in a workbook in the verion that I have on my MotoQ. It doesn't support them in tabs, though: you have to select them through a menu, and you can add new ones, delete the ones you have, rename, etc. If that's not supported, I will be dissapointed.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  12.    #133  
    Thank you. I was beginning to ponder whether it was NOT supported in other versions, then maybe it wouldn't be supported for webos _when_ it becomes available and what type of violent destruction my Pre was going to face with that eventuallity.

Doh! found it. Menu -> View -> Worksheets. Haven't used a tab worksheet on the mobile yet. This was my first time. Could always follow the age old advice, RT*M

Thanks for the heads up.
    well it works just fine in the Android version. So all those picking up the Evo will be good to go. Though thank god the evo runs Sense. I can't stand vanilla android email, and k9 isn't much help either.
  14.    #135  
    well it works just fine in the Android version. So all those picking up the Evo will be good to go. Though thank god the evo runs Sense. I can't stand vanilla android email, and k9 isn't much help either.
    Yeah, Yeah, rub it in...

I will buy an Android phone IF and only if HP manages to mess up webos...or if some sort of native document editing software isn't available when I decide that I need to replace my Pre, or maybe this fall. I don't know. I love it, I hate it. I really don't like Android after using webos for so long. I love everything about the EVO except Android and the onscreen keyboard.

And I was serious about my comment to hack webOS onto the evo. I would probably even pay for it!
    I'm not a big fan of vanilla Android. I enjoyed my Hero more than the Moment when it came to the OS. Looking forward to trying the Evo. But my Moment is staying retired until the official 2.1 version hits. The leaked one drains my battery in an hour with some CDMA glitch, and I'm tired of going back and forth between versions just to play when I need it for work. Though I'm going to pick up a Pre to see how webOS is really supposed to work and do the overclock patch.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567