Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    yeah, well so will the evo! Lol!
    yeppers. I'm checking out BT keyboards as we speak.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I wish they would hurry up and release this app.
    Wow, this could be released anytime soon and I'd be happy. haha. I was needing doc/spreadsheets edited and had them on my phone. It would have been sweet to fix it and email without the need of a computer.
  5.    #105  
    Well, after a 3 week hiatus from social media outlets (facebook and twitter, at least) DataViz has made a couple of posts this week, responding to a tweet on twitter, and responding to a request about passwords plus on iphone. The fb discussion thread is kinda ironic because one of the posters takes DataViz to task for ignoring faithful customers and being too worried about developing for WebOS.

Of course, as we know, DataViz has been evasive, if not outright ignoring, the WebOS community for some time now. Personally, I would feel better about DataViz if they would even give us the nice polite response that they gave the iphone user on their fb page:

We're still planning to bring Passwords Plus to iPhone, but quite honestly I don't know what the date is going to be for it (trust me, if I knew I'd let you know).

If you need to switch to another app, we're sorry to see you go but frankly its our own fault for not getting something to you quicker. I'd try using the 'export' option in Passwords Plus to export your data as a CSV file. This type of file can be imported to a lot of other similar applications.

Again, I'd hate to see you switch, but I just don't have a date for you right now...sorry guys.

Jason,
    DataViz, Inc.
    April 12 at 8:26am
    They responded to my emails
    with "use our solution with
    classic" and if that wasn't
    going to work "don't let the
    door hit ya"

Not really that brash, but u
    get the idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by atremorer View Post
    The amazing thing is that Blue Nomad still has their site up, charging $29.95 for WordSmith.

I wonder how it would work in Classic emulation? Has anyone tried any of the Office suites in Classic?
    Unfortunately, Wordsmith does *not* work within Classic. Wish heartily that it did, esp now that Hotsyncing works, but it's been a guaranteed crash each time I've tried it in Classic. Anyone else with a different experience? {Jonathan}
    I would've been brash back. They opted to be a launch partner and no one gives a crap about their lesser apps that many developers can create in their spare time. DTG is their bread winner and they just continue to come up lame. If I'm palm (if they actually had cash), I'd pay quickoffice or whoever to get theirs on webOS and tell DV to pound sand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    They responded to my emails
    with "use our solution with
    classic" and if that wasn't
    going to work "don't let the
    door hit ya"

Not really that brash, but u
    get the idea.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I sincerely hope Dataviz will release Doc to go soon because I really need it, and Classic is not a valid option for me.
    Dumb to expect someone to buy classic for one app and cling to the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Dumb to expect someone to buy classic for one app and cling to the past.
    Iambic is doing basically the same thing. Their answer to the Pre is to tout how well their apps work with Classic.

Our best hope I think is a new developer that will come through for the WebOS community and forget the dinosaurs of the old world. They are becoming extinct as far as the Palm community is concerned.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    In Iambic's defense, I think access to certain things in webOS makes their job difficult to do some of the functionality their apps previously had. They mention it quite a few times in their forums. So I don't blame them for clinging to the past in that case. OS access plus slow sales doesn't make for a big incentive to invest the time and money for the app. I think Pimlical was working on Datebk though. It's just surprising that all these new OS's have all these restrictions that make creating a better PIM a struggle. If they are going to be so restrictive, they should've put more though into designing better built in PIM's. It's amusingly annoying how much of an afterthought they seem to be in both webOS and Android.
    Not meaning to hijack this thread into an Iambic discussion. I will say I've been an avid Agendus user for many years. I'd love to see them integrate Agendus for the Desktop into the Pre. They would need to break the reliance on Palm Desktop hotsync and perhaps use direct editing of the files with a USB connection..doable but I know it would take significant time.

But alas...back to the DTG discussion...
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
  14.    #114  
    Hijack away!
  15.    #115  
    Does anyone around here who's familiar with the sdk and pdk have any idea of any shortcomings with the current WebOS that would make porting DtG or Quickoffice for iphone or android excessively difficult?
    Sorry its not better news.

mobileofficeblog.dataviz.com/2010/04/webos_update.html
    webOS Update

We at DataViz would like to apologize for not responding sooner to our loyal Palm customers about the availability of Documents To Go for webOS. We have felt it best to keep our public webOS discussion to a minimum until we had concrete information about our webOS products to offer you.

We are continuing our efforts to work with Palm to clear the path for a full editing version of Documents To Go. However, given the current environment at Palm, as well as the necessary collaboration with the device manufacturer that is required to bring an app like ours to a platform like webOS, our Documents To Go editor product for webOS is essentially at a standstill.

As soon as we have any additional information, we will inform you immediately.

Thanks for your passion surrounding our solution.
    Kathleen McAneany
    Business Manager, Documents To Go Palm
    Office Mobility Blog: webOS Update

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Maybe if they got off their @sses a bit sooner, like 4-5 months ago this wouldn't be an issue now. Though Palm could be at fault too which would just make sense with all their other mistakes. We could be upset with the wrong company. Though if you're Palm, don't you bend over backwards to give a launch partner the access needed to get an extremely essential program up and running on a new OS?

I get so behind on my orders spreadsheet when I'm using my Pixi. I bit the bullet and picked up DTG on Android and carry my Moment. I think this will just drive or keep more business users away from webOS.
    There will be other options clearly bc the market exists... Eff DataViz.
    Ok, so there you have it!

They don't want to spend their time on WebOS because they don't believe in the product any longer.

Funny, how they waited to see if the market was going to be good and keeping us strung along until they decided if Palm was going to make it before putting any energy into the developing the product.

All the while making us believe they were indeed working on development, they were NOT!

So as I recommended a week or so ago, move forward fast with Open Office!

And lock them out of ANY tiny money they would have made with WebOS.

We can show them they are NOT needed! And if Open Office makes it to WebOS, it will make it to Android and make them irrelevant in the end!

Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 04/22/2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: spelling
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast