Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    At this point, I'm kind of hoping some of the master wizards doing homebrew come up with something. It might take them awhile, but really they'll probably end up beating Dataviz to the punch given the languid speed that they're demonstrating with regards to their WebOS app.

Apologies if my comment seems less than fully understandable. Too tired from forum trolls and April Fool's crap.
    Last edited by Naris; 04/01/2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Explaination of crappy writing.
    DataViz is not the only game in town for these applications. If you're trying to get someone to fall behind WebOS, QuickOffice should be approached, as should MobiSystems. They both had Office Suites for Palm OS that were superior to Documents to Go. Heck, I'd be happy if someone could get Wordsmith programmed for WebOS. It was actually a better Word Processor than any of them--even once it stopped being developed.

Michael
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I agree with Wordsmith. I was trying to think of the name of that program all day. I agree with all of the comments about having document editing capability as being part of the reason people get a smart phone.
    The amazing thing is that Blue Nomad still has their site up, charging $29.95 for WordSmith.

I wonder how it would work in Classic emulation? Has anyone tried any of the Office suites in Classic?
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    It would be interesting to see Sprint or Verizon pressuring the app developers. After all, the Pre is lacking as a business device without document editing capabilities. Add that and there's more potential for device sales.
    - Fushigi
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Developers ride the wave all the time. Current fab is iPhones. Everybody must develop for iPhones. I don't really blame them for chasing profits but at the same time it really ****es me off how they treat users. I really hate all the PRPRPR $speak$ $like$ &$quot$;$we$ $can$'$t$ $comment$, $we$ $don$'$t$ $release$ $any$ $info$, $blah$ $blah$). $Basically$ $what$ $they$ $are$ $doing$ $is$ $dragging$ $their$ $feet$ $and$ $trying$ $to$ $judge$ $the$ $market$. $If$ $they$ $don$'$t$ $want$ $to$ $release$ $it$ $for$ $WebOS$ $then$ $come$ $out$ $and$ $just$ $say$ $that$. $Lack$ $of$ $information$ $prevents$ $others$ $from$ $developing$ $competitive$ $products$. $Stop$ $being$ $dicks$ $and$ $pick$ $a$ $position$ $and$ $stick$ $to$ $it$. $Its$ $pretty$ $simple$. $Don$'$t$ $just$ $go$ $around$ $changing$ $dates$ $and$ $dragging$ $on$.
    would be better that some great developer from the forums make a documents to go kind software and we dont spected anythink from dataviz... Its been a long time we have to wait and now they let us down.

its dissapointinted.... (sorry my english)
    Google Docs is working for me. Just cut and paste into an email or new doc, then edit.
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    I am using DTG 11 for Palm OS/Classic, and it works great. It is a partial solution, but not the same as a native Web OS version, which is what Dataviz said they'd come out with in "Early 2010"...
    Thanks for the good news feedback. Does the DTG 11 on CLASSIC allow you to EDIT ( word, excel) and sync the edits back to the DTG desktop on your computer ???
    I just sent a couple tweets at them (@DataVizInc) asking if they knew they could port the iphone app over to palm pre in a matter of days with the webos PDK plugin and also pointing them to this forum showing there is demand for Docs2Go. Never hurts to keep trying all possibilities..
  11.    #91  
    After having my comment unceremoniously rejected on the quickoffice blog, I did receive this email from their sales department:

Hello,

Thank you for your question. If you’d like to see a version of Quickoffice for WebOS, please vote here (if you haven’t already done so): QuickOffice Connect Mobile Suite for Palm WebOS - by IdeaScale.

If you know of other users that are also interested in a WebOS version, you may invite them to comment/vote, as well.

Thank you and have a great weekend,
    Jennifer

Submitted on 4-1-2010 at 12:18pm
    Does QuickOffice have any plans to develop for WebOS? Since you mentioned it in your post...
    Thanks.
  12.    #92  
    I'm going to start a new thread to get support for Quickoffice for WebOS. Right now WebOS has 56 votes. Maemo has 260....blech!

You can allocate up to 5 votes after you register.

Vote HERE.
    Last edited by amateurhack; 04/02/2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added link, corrected url
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    I'm going to start a new thread to get support for Quickoffice for WebOS. Right now WebOS has 56 votes. Maemo has 260....blech!
    61 - I just used all 5 of my votes....
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    66 at QO. And I dropped a comment.
  15.    #95  
    {the hoot of an owl}
  16.    #96  
    {thunder rolls in the distance}
    that's the Evo you hear off in the distance, where DTG already exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by amateurhack View Post
    {thunder rolls in the distance}
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    that's the Evo you hear off in the distance, where DTG already exists.
    lol! Maybe!
  19.    #99  
    guess that thunder is x11 and OO.o! =)
    well if you can hear that, you have exceptional hearing because that project will take months.
    Just a note to say that we do have a roadmap of being able to install native Debian X11 GUI applications (like OpenOffice) via Preware. But don't hold your breath, cause it looks like we need to write a whole new FUSE filesystem driver to be able to do it. Think weeks to months, rather than days.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast