Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    [QUOTE=crogs571;2337902]Everyone remember this pic? Right side, middle...

Iphone is on version 3.1. Android is on 2.0. They still say on their [url= early 2010. To me that is by the end of April. Otherwise you're beyond early and into the middle of 2010 if you divide the year into thirds (early, middle and late). So who knows, maybe it's not a pipe dream and they're just sticking to the extreme end of early 2010.

[IMG]

I'm going with the June 30th definition of "early." After that point, I don't know what I'm going to do.

I would rather have DtG on my pre...
    If not, then I would rather have another mobile documents editor on my pre, from any source, as long as it works. I would even seriously consider starting a new business just to make it happen...
    If not, it is only a matter of time before Android incorporates enough aspects of synergy that I like that I will have to look there for my next phone.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Perhaps we need to hound quickoffice as well. Maybe they'd more receptive to our request.
    That was to good of a joke,But the reply was icing on the cake.
  4.    #24  
    Okay, I went to a few other forums and posted my OP last night. I also saw that someone put it in a discussion box on DataViz' fb page. If you google for "DataViz WebOS" it come up about 3 times on the first page. :O)

I seriously doubt that DataViz will respond in any meaningful way, but I felt that I had to try. Can't hurt, right???

If I hear anything official-ish outside the forum, I will post an update here.
    The PDK apps don't go live on the App Catalog until a later update in the coming months. I believe some suspect something like 1.4.5 or 1.5.0.

They may be waiting for that. However, as some have mentioned, they are launch partners, so they could have launched early, like EA and Gameloft.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    The PDK apps don't go live on the App Catalog until a later update in the coming months. I believe some suspect something like 1.4.5 or 1.5.0.

They may be waiting for that. However, as some have mentioned, they are launch partners, so they could have launched early, like EA and Gameloft.
    I've had some thoughts about that: They may have waited to make sure the final implementation of the pdk didn't break their app. I'm giving them some serious slack there, but I would understand it from a business standpoint.

So what's your take on it, Jason? I think some of us are just fearful (yeah, I know, FUD alert) that it either isn't going to show up for a long time, or not at all. Like I said, I'm just trying to get some clarification/commitment that our wait is not in vain.

Of course, in the mean time, there is an opportunity here for a talented developer, or group of developers who would like to step into the void.
    Quickoffice probably is staying away because they don't see much hope of beating Dataviz if they actually come through. And Dataviz stays silent because if they came in and said '6 months' then Quick Office might just brave up and beat them to the punch.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    Quickoffice probably is staying away because they don't see much hope of beating Dataviz if they actually come through. And Dataviz stays silent because if they came in and said '6 months' then Quick Office might just brave up and beat them to the punch.
    Yeah, that's a good point as well.
  9.    #29  
    {crickets chirping}
  10.    #30  
    {the wind blows, leaves rustle}
    I think Dataviz just doesn't
    care about WebOS. They are
    all iPhone and droid.
    DTG is only $10 on Android. Just sayin'.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    See here on Palmgear's old site. Organization > Work and occupation - PalmGear, your premier source for software for Palm devices 12,008 downloads for DTG 11 @ $49.95 a pop. QuickOffice trails with 5,522 @ $39.95 a pop. That's like $600K in profits for Dataviz on v11 and I couldn't see the older versions anymore so no telling how many d\l there were but you can assume a close number.

Now that was the PalmOSx days where apps were $$$$, now in today's "gimmie" society, they'd be looking at maybe $14.99 to $24.99 price point which given all those 12K people are on WebOS, it's only $300K or half their profits. On paper with the margins smaller and the cost less, looks like QuickOffice could take it from Dataviz.

Anyone ever contact QuickOffice Inc.?

EDIT: Looks like MobiSystems had an office suite for PalmOS also. http://palm.mobisystems.com/product....l=1&pid=64&i=1
  14.    #34  
    Posted a question to Quickoffice on their Blog's CEO corner. In his inaugural post, he mentions WebOS by name, though did not mention any development plans.

The rapidly evolving mobile market My comment is awaiting moderation, and as I used my pseudonym, it is likely that they will not publish it. If it does not get published, someone will have to try again, sans pseudonym.

Sent email inquiry to support@mobisystems.com and info@mobisystems.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

Or even earlier than that, like MotionApps with Classic, or DataViz with the document view... Oh, uhh, yeah. Nevermind.

Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Come on Dataviz! We've been waiting way too long for this. Now that apps have gone international, you'll have a much bigger pool of thirst to buy your product! Please, make it happen! I know 5 family and friends who will buy it day 1!
    Maybe we can pressure them as existing/repeat customers?

I bought Palm OS Docs to Go 5, 7, upgraded 8 to Premium, and upgraded recently to DTG 11 Premium for Palm OS/Classic. I also have Password Plus.

My guess is that there are already Dataviz customers who love their products, are loyal repeat customers, and WANT DOCS TO GO FOR WebOS!!!
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I certainly hope that they will introduce it soon, it is a much needed app. Or perhaps a wise developer could make their own version? I like the scaled down Open Office idea. At this point I don't feel that DataViz deserves the money.
    Palm MADE dataviz with Docs to Go on palmOS since the way back days, if they are jerking around on webos and not getting it done then shame on then, have a little bit a loyalty, maybe getting Docs to Go on palm could move a few more devices and you could even sell a few more.
    I had docs to go on my zire with a wirless keyboard, it was the perfect laptop without a laptop, the software was just powerful enough to easily edit word and excel doc perfectly without any extra unneeded frills.

when (if) docs to go comes to web os Ill buy it in the first hour regardless of price!
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast