1. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Am i the only one that thinks Palm should partner with say Bing Maps and do a WORLDWIDE available free navigation app like Googles navigation app? Not only is Bing maps better (IMO) but if they made it free for webos users worldwide it would be a major boost for the platform. Im sure MSFT would love to get bing onto webos and we desperately need a turn by turn navigation app on WebOS.
    Palm has shown they're happy to partner externally to develop apps (e.g. The facebook app), so Id love to see this happen as the killer app/feature of webos 1.5 or 2.0 etc.
    +1
    Why wouldn't Microsoft do that for its own Windows Mobile 7 first? Palm ditched Microsoft too when they discontinued the Treo Pro...remember? Its a tough ask for them to warm up to Microsoft now I think...
  4. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Im sure MSFT just want Bing & Bing Maps on as many devices as possible. Like Google, the more people using their apps, the more money they make...
    i would like that if I had a gsm phone now. on older palms always I used gsm and I traveled Europe using my Palm phones with turn by turn navigation. Did 2 month trip in Europe with 650 and had phone, data, email, sms and Tom Tom navigation While for the whole trip, blogged the entire trip. While it wasn't always spot on, and round abouts make you crazy, it saved a great deal of stress.
    I for one like using google maps better then Bing any day. AND Sprint Nav is free for us Sprint users and the top navigation software out there above and beyond any traditional GPS unit like a Garmin.

so..

Think I will stick with Sprint Navigation as it has not steered me wrong yet, and updates quickly.