Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yep... before the 800mhz patch I ALWAYS had to restart luna for sims 3 because of 1 stupid 3rd party application.

However... I actually ran Sims 3 with another application.

How does this work? That is very odd that I can run messaging and sims 3 at the same time.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    There's no reason it should work, but still I ran into it too. I was trying to run a demo game that I frequently play (guess I should buy the full version....) and normally have to close all cards and restart java before I can run it. Last night, though, first night of 800mHz, I ran it fine with open cards. Go figure.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Hm, I had a too many cards error after running Gangstar. 800mhz patch here, too.
    ivehad the error with 800mhz too, but I had like 4 cardsopen. Made sense. The 800 kernel probably has a better threshold for lower available ram due to it's higher/stronger processing power. If that doesn't make enough sense then I really couldn't tell ya why lol
    I bet the too many cards error is based off of CPU consumption rather than actual memory use. I seem to recall Palm Pre Plus user's having the too many cards error even though they have double the RAM, so this would make sense.
    it is definitely more stable, but you can still get the error if you get enough cards open/high demand programs open.
    Where do I get the file for the 800MHz patch to install?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I bet the too many cards error is based off of CPU consumption rather than actual memory use. I seem to recall Palm Pre Plus user's having the too many cards error even though they have double the RAM, so this would make sense.

I was thinking about that.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Well, of course you can't open with 4+ cards open already.

But even if I close all my cards, I still couldn't run Sims 3.
    Now, I can run sims 3 even with a card open, which is unheard of.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    If that's the case, then what on Earth are certain web pages doing to increase the likelihood of the TMC error?
    My take on this is that with a processor running faster, garbage collection can run faster than before, yielding a decrease in the "too many open cards" error.

Running the 600Mhz patch, I had the error happening less often.
    Now at 800Mhz, I have yet to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    If that's the case, then what on Earth are certain web pages doing to increase the likelihood of the TMC error?
    Could just be related to rendering, too many DOM elements cause problems for any browser.
    i'm trying to figure why i'm not getting the TMC error... also my phone used to randomly restart luna, not anymore... it doesn't seem to make sense tho..
    less instances of too many cards..but it still exists.

not very much though.

we an all agree the 800kernal is the shiz nit tho
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis4688 View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...install-b.html