1.    #1  
    well I lost my phone last saturday but since I am paying insurance I got my new phone today! Didn't have time to activate it so my wife went to a sprint store to get the job done!! So there the guy tha was activating the phone have a pre also and start asking her if she like it! She asked questions back about the oreo, and some other stuff. Then he said that the pre2 was coming in ocober!! With a bigger screen and thinner!! She didn't ask anything about it cuz she doesn't know anything about phones lol ..He also said that the evo 4g was coming in august.
    hmmmmm...lol...(i have no other response currently available to me)...
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    hmmmmm...lol...(i have no other response currently available to me)...
    i have a hard time believing it because of my experience with bell employees. They would just give me random dates, and random info.. I hope it's true, palm needs it, although October might be to late.. The good news about that, is that they might be waiting for the newer set of processors.

I personally won't be upgrading cause i'm under a 3 year contract, and i don't get any discounts until theres 8 months left in my contract (that's right, after 2 years and 4 months), and after that i get an amazing 100 dollar of the full purchase price.. Isn't that amazing? That means i can renue my contract for another 2 years and 4 months to save 100 dollars.. WOOOW!
    If this information has leaked down to the level of Sprint salesmen, then this information would have been leaked by a salesperson already.
    Unfortunately, i do not believe Palm will be able to release a new device that can match upto the EVO, very unlikely it will get a 8MP camera, and HD recording, 2nd camera (unless its a 4g phone) HDMI output. A Snapdragon processor is a possibility, but its not enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    Unfortunately, i do not believe Palm will be able to release a new device that can match upto the EVO, very unlikely it will get a 8MP camera, and HD recording, 2nd camera (unless its a 4g phone) HDMI output. A Snapdragon processor is a possibility, but its not enough.
    I don't want an 8mp camera. I would prefer a sensor based off the same technology at 4-5 megapixels. It will allow you to get double the light, which means half the noise, or double the shutter speed/ less or blury...

Second camera would be nice, but i would prefer a 3.7-4.0 device with a real keyboard. Couldn't care less about 4g since i live in canada, and bell doesn't have it yet. I hope palm waits a little bit longer before releasing, cause the new series of processors from qualcom , and ti come out later this year.
    In my experience the sales staff at the Sprint/VZW/ATT/Bell/Telus/Rogers store usually always know far less about current phones than I do. When it comes to new hardware that hasn't been released yet they know even less.

Hell, the last time I was in the Sprint store the sales guy was trying to convince me that the browser experience on the Bold was "just like at home on the computer." They will say any and all lies to sell you a phone of any kind.

It sort of mirrors the experience I usually have at a car dealership.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    By the time a salesperson has info it is public knowledge. Company's do not divulge privileged info to hourly employees months in advance to press releases. But Sprint needsw to get it together and release the EVO quickly, no more of this waiting 6 months to release, they should have learned the lesson from the Pre launch.
    Also you have to take into account two things:

-they havent told us what the price of the phone will be. those are some serious hardware specs. I wouldnt be surprised to see the phone sold subsidized for over the $200 that we're use to.

-Sprint hasnt said anything about 4g data pricing. Will this be included in an unlimited data plan? or will they charge extra? I would bet they charge extra.

If I can pick up the EVO 4G for $200 while keeping my same plan, Palm is gonna have to wow me. But it'll be a good battle. do I want webOS or the best hardware out there? I cant make up my mind til I see the next Palm device.

If I have to pay extra for the EVO, I'm definitely sticking with Palm. webOS is gonna be really hard to lose if it comes to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    In my experience the sales staff at the Sprint/VZW/ATT/Bell/Telus/Rogers store usually always know far less about current phones than I do. When it comes to new hardware that hasn't been released yet they know even less.

Hell, the last time I was in the Sprint store the sales guy was trying to convince me that the browser experience on the Bold was "just like at home on the computer." They will say any and all lies to sell you a phone of any kind.

It sort of mirrors the experience I usually have at a car dealership.
    lol so true! I actually enjoy shuting these guys up!