1.    #1  
    My Pre Plus just went nuts today. Well not nuts but it just stopped communicating with cell service, seems to be running really slow, drains the battery really fast and gets pretty hot, even with charging cord plugged in to PC battery drains.

Suggestions?
    probably an app with a memory leak. Have you tried restarting? I once had the same thing, powering down and taking out the battery for about five minutes did the trick.
    have you done any homebrew patches or apps ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    I have taken battery out but possibly not for as long as 5 minutes.
    Will try now.
    Thanks
    r
  5.    #5  
    More details......

when I try and connect a call the phone app makes no noise or connection for that matter. Dead silence.

Signal strength indicators range up and down and then stop and nothing happens.

3g thing appears for a moment and then disappears.

thanks.
    r
  6.    #6  
    Yes. I thought that was a requiremant...........
    Would they all of a sudden attack the phone / cell signal app?
    Is this the point that I start un installing them one at a time?
    Can I do this in airplane mode? Phone will not keep a charge otherwise. Constant drain even plugged in to USB.

I have had this phone for less than two weeks and really am starting to love it.
    open phone app go into the top menu on the top left and scroll down to preferences and then scroll down and update network settings and update prl and you should be good to go! i hope lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    it would be helpful if you told us the last few apps or patches you installed in order from the last one you did and backwards from there
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  9.    #9  
    Is that lol as in "lots of luck" or "laugh out loud"?
    I am rebooting as I type.
    Man I hope this works.
    This phone has the opportunity to be very useful.
    thanks
    r
    "laugh out loud"

also go into preware and look for the jstop app . just go into list of everything and and start typing jstop and load it . then go into the menu in jstop and enable garbage collection it will help alot to. until this update comes from palm to fix the glitches alot of people have
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  11.    #11  
    I do not find a network settings button.

in the network window area I have

Verizon Wireless

Voice Netwo... Automatic
    Data Roaming Disabled

Data usage set to "on"

Accessability settings

Then Reset Voicemail Count
  12.    #12  
    Loaded JsTop.

How do you capture a screen from a pre?

Are the apps listed in the order they were installed if I have not re-ordered them?

thanks
    r
    no you should remember at least the last few apps or patches you loaded . ok i dont know how verizon does their phone but it should be similar to sprint . you may need to call verizon and have them push the network settings and prl to you but i thing the jstop app will help you out alot
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  14.    #14  
    Thanks for the effort.
    I am falling asleep at the keyboard. Time to crash.
    Will call Verizon in am and discuss your suggestion.

Thanks,
    r
  15.    #15  
    Update for those interested - -

Took Pre to Verizon store and they tried a hard reset. Wiped out everything and tried to start over with unhappy phone. Did not work. Phone still did not have any network connectivity. Could connect to WiFi but a network connection is necessary to set phone up first time. They replaced phone with rebuild. Technician said this was the first Pre he had replaced as DOA. I think we had a catastrophic hardware issue. We swapped battery and started up new phone. Couple of minutes it was syncing all the accounts I had loaded. In less than a hour I was back in business.
    I am really impressed with operating system and its ability to recover. I had to load and install 1.4 but that is pretty easy considering.

Thanks to Shadavis08 and Osiris_C3 for trying to help.
    I love this phone.
    r