View Poll Results: Should Palm Transition to the Andriod platform?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 2.99%
  • No

65 97.01%
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Rumor: Palm May Ditch WebOS for Android | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

"While Palm is incredibly proud of our engineers who spent timeless work and effort to bring us this advanced operating system, consumers simply have not caught on. To provide a better future for ourselves and our customers, the only logical choice is to transition our hardware and software to the Android platform." -Jon Rubinstein
    They would not win at the hardware war. The current state of the Pre is good proof of that. Great concept but poor quality.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I hate rumors!! I hope this is not a real consideration, I like things the way they are...aside from the obvious problems. If I could afford to do it I would give a Pre to all my friends, and I feel VERY comfortable that they would switch.
    Rumour already disproven
    Palm moving to Android to stay alive? Not according to Palm -- Engadget

But guess what? Not only did the memo not appear at the stroke of 12, but when we picked up the phone and actually spoke to Palm, they had a pretty quick response. Their answer? Our sources at the company essentially laughed when they heard this news, and they emphatically stated that there was no memo, and no move internally towards Android. Furthermore, many of the reports are citing a bunk piece of news from Monday which erroneously stated that Palm had halted production -- that news has also been refuted by the company.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I have a bridge to sell to anyone who actually believed this rumor
    I don't believe this rumor but it would be a great idea. The UI and MOJO frameworks would be easy to port and WebOS apps could run unchanged along with Android apps.
    Proliferation of a rumor that has already been disproved serves no point. Let's move on.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Proliferation of a rumor that has already been disproved serves no point. Let's move on.
    This was posted before Precentral had posted anything about it being false.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I have a bridge to sell to anyone who actually believed this rumor
    you mean, like a bridge that would bring Android OS to a Palm Pre? That would be the most twisted, **** up, disfunctional, POS bridge ever.... How much?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
    This was posted before Precentral had posted anything about it being false.
    Ahh! ok!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation