1.    #1  
    An article on wired says that Palm is ditching WebOs and will become another Android smartphone vendor.

Rumor: Palm May Ditch WebOS for Android | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

I hope this is not true...
    Ahh you beat me to it. I was just going to post this. I also hope it's not true.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Everything Data $69
    I doubt it.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    I hope not, maybe as a second choice like what they did with winmo
    Would you ditch your home? sounds like maybe an addition....
    this doesn't even make any sense. palm stopped making winmo devices because they wanted to focus on webos. webos is what is sustaining palm and it is the future of mobile software. if they ditched webos in favor of android at that point i would want them to fail. i see no reason for this AT ALL.
    They should allow other phones to use WebOS and make a profit off that, like Google does with Android. If they would just advertise WebOS, people would want it.
    That's one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. WebOS is the only thing Plalm has to sell. I don't care who actually makes the phone I want to see WebOS on it. Maybe Palm could integrate the cards system into their own android build and blow Sense and Motoblur out of the water, but that would be the only way i'd like to see that.
    With their hardware quality why would one choose a palm android device over the other manufactors devices that have better build quality? That would just be the nail in the coffen if you ask me!
    SCK Manager
    This is the worst speculation based on unfounded rumors ever. Does not even make sense. These idiots did not even think this through before posting this garbage. If palm ditched WebOS they would have nothing. Its never going to happen.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    imo a ridiculous statement
    Well, the original article said the full text was going to be posted on wikileaks at midnight. Midnight came and went, and no update.

I think we can safely file this story under fiction.
    I doubt that very much. webOS is Palm's only hope. They are not a hardware manufacturer - they contract that out. They are an OS maker.

Palm should license webOS to other companies - for a fee - and make them keep up with the updates. Androids' problem is that depending on the manufacturer/carrier depends on which version of Android you have. webOS, kept the same on each phone, could be a great thing.
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
    LOL.....hilarious...Android market is saturated i dunno how can you tell the difference from one android phone from another. The issue at hand is Palm ditching WebOS lol....in favor of android is just plan silly.
    Really hope it's not true..
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    WebOS is the only good thing Palm has!
    The problem with the Palm Pre is the hardware not the software, so this article doesn't make any sense at all.
    I'll eat my hat if that quote turns out to be true.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Rumor is FALSE. Engadget spoke to Palm about it. Palm's response - laughter.
    Palm moving to Android to stay alive? Not according to Palm -- Engadget
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by daveandcori View Post
    Rumor is FALSE. Engadget spoke to Palm about it. Palm's response - laughter.
    Palm moving to Android to stay alive? Not according to Palm -- Engadget
    specifically:
    But guess what? Not only did the memo not appear at the stroke of 12, but when we picked up the phone and actually spoke to Palm, they had a pretty quick response. Their answer? Our sources at the company essentially laughed when they heard this news, and they emphatically stated that there was no memo, and no move internally towards Android. Furthermore, many of the reports are citing a bunk piece of news from Monday which erroneously stated that Palm had halted production -- that news has also been refuted by the company.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook