Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmasterjasf View Post

False, the White House?
    You are Joking Right?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Will the start up/restart be any faster as a result of this patch?

OH! and if you are having testers, I'd be more than happy to test it! :P
    Last edited by 2Phresh; 03/24/2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: wanted to add more
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Really I haven't had much concerns about this as I wait, and then for what seems like the 15th time today I read a "watch your phone's temp so it doesn't burn out" comment (yes with the comment it can happen even at the stock 500mhz, but lets face it it is less likely). So my question is, the only real situation I can think of where I would come close to stressing a phone would be long term music/video play combined with some other tasks mixed in. Music probably isn't a big deal. What about video though, has anyone who has this bothered to watch a video at least 30 minutes long mixed in with some pauses for other uses, so that the phone is constantly working?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Really I haven't had much concerns about this as I wait, and then for what seems like the 15th time today I read a "watch your phone's temp so it doesn't burn out" comment (yes with the comment it can happen even at the stock 500mhz, but lets face it it is less likely). So my question is, the only real situation I can think of where I would come close to stressing a phone would be long term music/video play combined with some other tasks mixed in. Music probably isn't a big deal. What about video though, has anyone who has this bothered to watch a video at least 30 minutes long mixed in with some pauses for other uses, so that the phone is constantly working?
    A better stress test would be downloading a large file while playing a 3D game and running a javascript stress test. All three of these would stress the three components that put out the most heat.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roisen View Post
    A better stress test would be downloading a large file while playing a 3D game and running a javascript stress test. All three of these would stress the three components that put out the most heat.
    Ok, very true. I was thinking more along the lines of just what I do. I play 3D games but very little (and I never run a stress test while doing it ). So my example was more of the lines of simply the most I could see myself pushing the phone.

Either way, what kind of stress tests have been done in general I guess is what I would like to know?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roisen View Post
    dont forget to have it charging also. or if you really want to stress it, put it on a touchstone... my phone already gets nervously hot while doing GPS on the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    eh...the good news is I am fine at this point paying the $100 to replace my phone if I kill it. I scratched up the screen a while ago and at some point cracked the side of it which has just recently resulted in a small piece of the phone falling off on the top half's edge.
    I ran the 600 mhz patch for a while and only saw slight improvements. Installed the 800 mhz this morning and holy crap! It's a differant phone! I haven't been monitoring too closely but so far I am staying in the low 30's for temp and do not seem to be having any massive battery drain. In reality I don't care what the battery life does, for this performance I'd take low battery life!
    me neither!
    This is awesome!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234