Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very nice video... Can't wait for the post tomorrow, finally the Pre will run like it was always intended to...

Question Caj... will the 1.4 version work with the soon to come 1.4.1? Or will we have to find out once 1.4.1 arrives?
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    One thing I don't understand:

Why hasn't Palm been working with caj/unix to set up extensive testing, etc to look at incorporating this into the official release? At this point, Palm needs to be thinking outside the box.
    As much as they may want to, they can't exceed the manufacturers max hardware design (600 MHz). Besides running a-fowl with the hardware manufacturer because they would be pushing a product to the level of the next product in the manufacturers catalog, you run a much higher risk of reducing the life of the resulting product. I think it's mostly because Texas Instruments has a catalog of products that are faster. I'm not going to imply they are drop in solutions but burning bridges with the hardware manufacturers is not something Palm can afford at this point.

[edit]
    Thanks for keeping up with this project. I'm not in the position to risk a reduced lifespan but think this is really cool stuff.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    With 1.4.1 Do you think it will delay or cause the speed upgrade to not work?
    This is great cant wait to see the speed when I apply it. Thanks to everyone that worked on this ahead of time.
    im pumped as well bring it on!!
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    very nice vid my friend great work on the patch..

you guys rock will thank when I get to my pc can't wait to install
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    omfg! i think i just "came" a little bit... lmao...
    :-D Thanks alot! I'm at work (supposed to actually BE working) and just laughed out loud at your post! LMAO! Too freakin' funny!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I too almost lol
    Strong work, thanks!
    @EVERYONE.......

I believe these patches will work on 1.4.1 but please people make sure you uninstall these patches before you update your phone . And then wait until the go ahead is given to install. This would be a wise thing to do !! " JUST SAYIN "
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    SqyArc really did a good job with that video, hope he's back soon because I owe him a "Thanks!"
    This is going to be sooooo dope! Thank you so much...all involved!!
    by the way. . . Does wednesday mean wednesday for usa or for europe?? I hope it's europe. Do you guys have a specific time? If I stay up late 2-3 am will I be able to do it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jusegozu View Post
    by the way. . . Does wednesday mean wednesday for usa or for europe?? I hope it's europe. Do you guys have a specific time? If I stay up late 2-3 am will I be able to do it ?
    most likely usa central or eastern time lol sorry !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    caj I will test for you
    i will happily beta test the ipk method. my email has been sent by pm.
    I got the touchstone 3 days ago exclusively because I was looking forward to this patch and wanted to offset any extra battery drain. I'm more excited for this patch than I was for webOS 1.4.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Just sent PM to test it out.
    cant wait!
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

i'll test also, my pleasure!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast