Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  


    Every once in a while after I install a Patch; the Icons on the different cards I have will be Relocated back to the First card. So that means I have to spend the next hour or two, putting all of the Icons back to the cards I normally keep them on.So I was wondering though; is there a piece of software that will let me do this more quickly? Maybe move a lot of apps at once, or even let me move them through my computer?

    Would it even be possible to create a Patch that would basically let you see your WebOS's screen on your PC; then just Drag & Drop the App-Icons? Maybe like some type of Emulator?




    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  2. #2  
    You spend 2 hours moving icons? Really, 2 hours?

    Not possible right now.

    Also...Your Ctrl+B seems to be stuck on.
  3. #3  
    The Named Pages in Launcher patch lets you orange- (or gesture-) tap an icon and then select from a drop-down list of Launcher pages to dump it on. Not perfect, but better than the hold-and-wait default method.
  4. espc31's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #4  
    This probably won't happen mainly because WebOS does not have a consumer desktop software package. This can be done on the iPhone via iTunes, but in WebOS there is currently no way to interact with your palm other than connecting it as a USB drive to your computer.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    You spend 2 hours moving icons? Really, 2 hours?

    Not possible right now.

    Also...Your Ctrl+B seems to be stuck on.
    Yeah, the 5x5 Patch doesn't allow me to move each Icon as easily. Even with the Patch off, I still have issues with my phone not letting me move Icons, or the Icons get moved to the wrong page. It also takes me a while because I have a lot of apps and when I do move them; I'm watching TV as well. So overall it just takes time. I'm the type of guy who doesn't like to focus on just 1 thing. I want to be doing a bunch of things at once.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    You spend 2 hours moving icons? Really, 2 hours?

    Not possible right now.

    Also...Your Ctrl+B seems to be stuck on.

    Yah.... More pointless comments... Am I going to have to explain why I post, in the way I post; each and every time I post a thread? Seriously??? From now on I'm just going to Block users who keep trying to pick pointless arguments over the way I post.


    [[UPDATED. I Updated My Signature. So If The Bold Letters Are Hurting Your Eyes, Then Don't Post.]]
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 03/22/2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Updated My Signature; To Make It More Kid Friendly For Users Like Ryleyinstl

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    The Named Pages in Launcher patch lets you orange- (or gesture-) tap an icon and then select from a drop-down list of Launcher pages to dump it on. Not perfect, but better than the hold-and-wait default method.

    And thanks for this tip! This is a lot better then moving each Icon one at a time!

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  8. mk3
    mk3 is offline
    mk3's Avatar
    Posts
    575 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    This probably won't happen mainly because WebOS does not have a consumer desktop software package. This can be done on the iPhone via iTunes, but in WebOS there is currently no way to interact with your palm other than connecting it as a USB drive to your computer.
    There's always hope that this might surface someday. Incorporated into WebOS QI would be great!
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

    "Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    There's always hope that this might surface someday. Incorporated into WebOS QI would be great!
    I really hope so! With some type of Emulator or App-Interface; we could not only move icons around, but even change the names of cards, customize the fonts, change icon images. Things that could be done in the WebOS directly, but would be easier to do through a computer.

    I was able to work out the issue using Grappler's suggestion. I didn't really pay any attention to that "Named Pages In The Launcher" Patch before last night. After I installed it though; the Patch was REALLY helpful! I guess that's another developer I will be donating to!

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    [[UPDATED. I Updated My Signature. So If The Bold Letters Are Hurting Your Eyes, Then Don't Post.]]
    Dude...dude....DUDE!

    New to the Internet or something? We all know that you don't capitalize everything or bold everything "all the time" in Forum posts. It's just that simple. I don't think I can distill it down any more basic than that.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 03/23/2010 at 05:23 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic

Posting Permissions