1.    #1  
    5 Things That Could Save Palm

and here's my comment on the article.

By da1bear on Mon, 03/22/2010 - 5:11pm

As a Palm Pre user
    who is very happy with his phone and who switched to Sprint from Verizon to get it last fall, I would encourage those of you who haven't tried it yourself to do so.

While Palm had some issues with early builds (I got 2 replacements in 3 weeks last fall), my current phone has been with me since October, and I have not experienced any hardware problems since. Palm has also been updating the OS on a regular basis (currently on v 1.4).

Unlike any other phone I can think of (besides the Android based series, which has many issues of it's own), I'm not aware of any smartphone with such a robust catalog of apps, that supports true multitasking AND low level OS access. Check out the homebrew community at http://PreCentral.net.

btw, I'm 60 years old and this is my 7th smartphone (6 previous WM devices) and I own an iPod Touch. While Palm has a lot of work to do to get it where I'd like to see it, it's still the best overall phone pda combination I've ever used, and getting better almost daily.
    Check in and post your comments. Go Palm!
    Last edited by da1Bear; 03/22/2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Misplaced quote tag
    da1Bear

Click to see my Virtual Business card

Palm Pre on Sprint