Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Next Palm handset MUST have 4.3" screen or larger
    Not if they want to sell it to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I hated the feel of the iphone in my pocket, I am not that interested in a bigger phone.
    Besides, you would have to drag a handcart around for the battery !
    Which way to the java script for dummies thread ?
    3.5" is actually perfect. 3.7 would be alright too as long as they keep the phone smaller than an iPhone.

I also think that Palm needs to slim down their Pre's from 16.95 mm to a more acceptable 12 or 13 mm..(keep the curves tho..I've fallen in love with the design! maybe not the materials...but definitely the design!)
    I linke the small form factor but it could be a bit thinner. Of course the build quality should be better.
    I want a crystal clear screen with a decent size, not a tablet computer in my pocket. Well actually I doubt a 4.3'' phone would fit in a pocket.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweaka View Post
    Besides, you would have to drag a handcart around for the battery !
    BS.
    I had the HD2 that has a 4,3" screen and a more powerful CPU and it lasted WAY longer than my Pre.
    and what about a metal cased Pre? i would buy it right away !! hehe
    now i have a broken one, just because i dropped it from about 20cm and thatīs it (( the crystal broke right in the corner and popped off as days passed.

remember the v60 from Motorola? it would be nice to have this material and maybe some color options from the ones we could take a pick

About the screen, i think it could be a lil bit bigger, but no thanks for an iPhone sized one !!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    The iPhone is too big in my opinion, so forget about a 4.3" screen. I don't want to carry a VCR on my belt.

I agree the screen should be bigger, but not by much. My vote is for a 3.5" screen with higher resolution (480x854 if the pixels can fit).
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Wow. So many haters.

Screen estate is necessary.
    I would love to have a larger screen for games and stuff. =/
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    NO NO NO to a bigger screen! I like the Pre the way it is. It's the perfect balance between screen size and heft. It's big enough to handle most of what I use it for (and I have 63-year-old eyes) and fits my hand and my pocket. When it is in my Palm side case it is unobtrusive on my belt. I've handled Droid and IPhone and they are just too big for me.
    I agree. The HTC HD2 hardware with webos - WOW, that'd be an amazing phone.
    While the size of my Pre is fine, by putting more screen area on a slightly larger phone would please many people plus it would allow more room for a larger battery.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    A larger screen handset would round out the Palm lineup nicely.

Pixi - (2.6") starter
    Pre - (3.1") mid range
    Pro - (4" +) let's get ready to rumble!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Opinion:

1. Palm will keep the Pre form factor and screen size for the Pre 2, but will improve the processor, memory, and hardware(Maybe wimax). Similar to the Pre Plus, but slightly better.

Why?

Because the Pre Plus is just coming out for At&t and Verizon. There are tons of accessories that are coming out for these phones and Palm will want to show consistency in design of the Pre and keep a hardware keyboard.

2. Palm will come out with a Touchscreen phone, at 3.5 to 3.7 inches, separate from the Pre. It may have a landscape keyboard but will most likely be only a touchscreen keyboard.

why?

Because there is a demand for a larger screen device, an on-screen keyboard, and WIMAX.

3. Palm will not release a phone with a screen above 3.7 inches.

Why?

Because of the gesture area, this area needs to be about the size of the gesture area of the pre. If you combine the Pre's gesture area with a 4 inch screen, the phone looks way too long and is awkward to hold and use.
    Personally, I would like a slightly larger screen that maybe takes up the whole face of the phone and maybe have the keyboard slide from the side. This way you could have a large keyboard to shut up all the people that say they keyboard on the pre is too small, and it will not increase the length of the phone while open.
    give me a 3.5 LED screen to save some battery

a thinner pre

a faster processor snapdragon qualcom idc just something!

i like the form of the pre, maybe they can make it a little wider and taller

wider so the keyboard is a little bit bigger and people stop complaining.

i grip a basketball in my hands and i type just fine on the pre!
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    Speaking as a member of the older crowd, a larger screen option would be nice. Just wait folks, one day you are feeling like a kid and the next day you are noticing that you need to hold things further away to read them....and you are all getting closer to that moment every day.
    "4.3 or bigger"? No thanks, that's too much. Don't wanna be holding an iPad to my face. I'd say a bigger screen, yeah, but not that big. Le's go with whatever size Nexus One's screen is. That's a pretty sexy device, I'm sure that'd work fine for webOS.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    Personally, I would like a slightly larger screen that maybe takes up the whole face of the phone and maybe have the keyboard slide from the side. This way you could have a large keyboard to shut up all the people that say they keyboard on the pre is too small, and it will not increase the length of the phone while open.
    What happens to the gesture area?
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    What happens to the gesture area?
    i guess put it where the dpad of the droid is except make it mini...

I like landscape sliders.... easy to one hand text while driving
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast