1.    #1  
    I would like to search in Contacts or universal search for Names beginning with a Capital Umlaut like "Ölkännla". Right now it is throwing a undefined "error" if i enter a lower case 'ö' in search.
    With all other letters you get correct results when entering lowercase letters.

Manually entering a captial 'Ö' over symbols works sometime, but is quite difficult (SPACE - Symbol + o)

Simple solution for now is entering the Name with a lowercase Umlaut: 'ö'

Anybody else getting this?

Using Echo as primary Contact-profile so would like to know if it's also a problem with palm-profile?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I managed to get that undefined appear, too.
    Try this: press Sym button and keep on pressing. Then push 'o'.
    Now where is capital 'Ö' visible to tap. Tap it and only after this, release Sym.
    Unfortunately, when you release Sym, the onscreen keypad pops up on again and you must push Sym once again to make it go away.
    Still a bit tedious, I admit, but this works.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemstil View Post
    I managed to get that undefined appear, too.
    Try this: press Sym button and keep on pressing. Then push 'o'.
    Now where is capital 'Ö' visible to tap. Tap it and only after this, release Sym.
    Unfortunately, when you release Sym, the onscreen keypad pops up on again and you must push Sym once again to make it go away.
    Still a bit tedious, I admit, but this works.
    Well with this the search doea work correctly, but its really highly uncomfortable and not the usual way the search works (with lowercase input). It's much easier to save it with lowercase names in that particular umlaut-situation right now.
    I reported this bug several times over different channels weeks ago, Palm doesn't seem to care. After perfectly explaining the problem over three times in mails to the German support, they suddenly wanted me to call them. I did not, it was ridiculous. Palm knows about it, but I guess they'll never fix it.
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
  5.    #5  
    Perhaps a little international suggestion hammering would do some change:

go Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

and write:

I would like to search in Contacts or universal search for Names beginning with a Capital Umlaut like "Ölkännla". Right now it is throwing a undefined "error" if i enter a lower case 'ö' in search.
    With all other letters you get correct results when entering lowercase letters.
    forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2322602#post2322270
    Just for the sake of it, I tried.. again. We'll see
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering