1.    #1  

The Pre has a slow Startup just stock from the factory, but I have noticed my phones Reset time getting worse. Sometimes I have waited 10 minutes for my phone to Reset. I thought it might have been Patches, but those only seem to have a minimal effect. Then I thought Themes, but again, minimal. Now I am thinking apps. I have deleted a bunch of apps and my phone does seem to be Resetting faster. But before I go crazy and delete a lot more apps; I want to make sure that deleting them really will help speed up the Reset time.

Will deleting apps help my Pre Reset faster? What other tricks can I try?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Simply put, no.

when your phone is turning on, it is not starting all of your apps. So, it has nothing to do with it. The only thing that would slow down the startup is a service (these launch at startup) that you install with patches.

I'm sorry for not explaining it better. I'm way too tired haha
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    Simply put, no.

when your phone is turning on, it is not starting all of your apps. So, it has nothing to do with it. The only thing that would slow down the startup is a service (these launch at startup) that you install with patches.

I'm sorry for not explaining it better. I'm way too tired haha
    You explained it well enough; I know what you mean. That is why I asked, because I don't know enough about the WebOS to know what could be causing this problem. So I may end up with the Placebo-Effect. Wherein I think my Pre is loading faster, but in reality it isn't actually loading any faster. I just think it is; so it feels like it is.

What do you suggest I can do to make the Resets faster?

4.    #4  
    Before I had to Doctor my phone because of an App Store issue; I spoke to a few different reps over at Palm and all 3 said that having too many apps does cause lag issues when the phone is Reset. 1 of the reps said this is an issue Palm is working on fixing through an Update. So I guess Palm is aware of this problem. I have not Reinstalled all of the apps that I had on my phone before I Doctored it, and my phone is taking around 2 minutes to load; which is faster then it has been in months. So I'm not going to keep my phone full of apps like I did before, even if the apps are small. The Patches and Themes didn't change the Reset time at all. So the lag I was going through seems to be the fact that I had way too many apps Installed on my Pre.

And I have Doctored my phone 3 times since the new year, and the Doctoring didn't change much with the lag time. Mainly because I would always Reinstall every single app after I Doctored my phone. So the Doctoring Process isn't the thing that finally helped me with the lag; it was not installing the crazy amount of apps that I have had on my Pre for a while now.