Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    ok heres the problem i have just encountered. I had the Pre since day one it was released. unfortunatly it was recently replaced due to it going offline and not returning. Well the new (refurb actually) palm pre i have everytime i put into dev mode the screen still says "turn developer mode on to turn on developer services on the device" then when i flip the switch to off it then says "your device is in developer mode. you may use palm mojo SDK tools to connect to the device" then prompts me to reset,, if i hit cancel it goes back to instructing me i still need to turn dev mode on,,, ok now this is a problem cause it makes my webos quickinstall non responsive. i can hit any buttons on quick install and its dead in the water,, kinda driving me crazy cause i need to get preware on this new phone because i really dislike the stock look of my phone so i like to put a theme on it and there are some patches i cant seem to live without like the 4x4 icons and my battery percentage in the corner of the screen seeing we all know how the phone likes to suck on the battery juice when used alot in one sitting like i do... kinda like to look up and see if i need to find a place to plug it in before i get the "battery is at 20%" warning. so is there some kind of trick
    simple don't cancel the reset the pre has to reset to turn dev mode on
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    thats just it that is after it resets. i just hit cancel the one time to see what would happen. but i turn the dev mode on and let it reset then it comes on and it says dev mode is on however the message says i still need to turn dev mode on instead of saying its already in developer mode. which means my webos quickinstall is completely unresponsive,, i even downloaded quick install a second time just to make sure it wasnt coruppt