1.    #1  
    I have encountered a very strange problem. I have a contact for a company I call named 4x4 Land. I cannot type 4x4 in the launcher. It will take the 4, but then it will insist on making the x a 7. if I just type the 4, it will not look it up.

Does it not look at company names in contacts when looking? and why does it insist on going number instead of alpha even when I dont press the orange function key?
    When you type in 4x4, do the following:

Hit orange + 4 (D)
    Hit x
    Hit orange + 4 (D)

then press the Find... button below the search, it'll then use the actually 4x4

Otherwise notice that it should pop up anyway.

What it does is when you start with numbers you'll see the little phone icon to the left, so it thinks your typing a phone number, generally it'll start with the Find... and the magnifying glass.

Also, when I do the same thing with the Company Name being 4x4 it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrains View Post
    I have encountered a very strange problem. I have a contact for a company I call named 4x4 Land. I cannot type 4x4 in the launcher. It will take the 4, but then it will insist on making the x a 7. if I just type the 4, it will not look it up.

Does it not look at company names in contacts when looking? and why does it insist on going number instead of alpha even when I dont press the orange function key?
    Do it this way:

Hit orange + 4
    Hit x (yes I know, this will show a 7, have patience)
    Hit orange + 4
    Press Space bar once

This will result in 4x4 instead of 474.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 03/18/2010 at 04:52 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  4.    #4  
    thanks guys, that works!