Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    so you don't even know that ebay UK has a mobile site? Pages.ebay.co/uk.uk/mobile

and it took how long for apple to run with the app thing? A lot longer than a year and webOS hasn't even hit the mark yet. Granted the iphone has some convenient apps, but if you don't understand the fact it takes time to get to that level and webOS is still ahead of where the iphone was.

and in the US, I can do many of your complaints, but again, the US had a head start w/webOS.

But it still comes down to marketing. Palm's latest commercial finally headed in the right direction, but they still alienated theirt target demographic with it.

And...better marketing + more carriers -> inc sales ->larger user base ->inc developer interest -> more useful apps
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    so you don't even know that ebay UK has a mobile site? Pages.ebay.co/uk.uk/mobile

and it took how long for apple to run with the app thing? A lot longer than a year and webOS hasn't even hit the mark yet. Granted the iphone has some convenient apps, but if you don't understand the fact it takes time to get to that level and webOS is still ahead of where the iphone was.

and in the US, I can do many of your complaints, but again, the US had a head start w/webOS.

But it still comes down to marketing. Palm's latest commercial finally headed in the right direction, but they still alienated theirt target demographic with it.

And...better marketing + more carriers -> inc sales ->larger user base ->inc developer interest -> more useful apps
    Palm knew what they were going to be up against and should of got the developers in all countries that they wanted to sell writing these apps. Phones are sold partly on their apps and Palm can't compete with it. 6 months in the UK and not one app that is designed for the UK user. Going by the way things are developers won't write these apps. Palm have got a great OS but nothing to back it up with. With paid apps hitting the UK this month i'm not that fussed as there will be nothing by the looks of it worth buying. O2 shops are not stocking the phone, they order them in only if a customer wants one and they are selling them free on all contracts and that happens when they want shot of it and or can't sell them.
    Apple was big when they came out with iPhone. Able to pump out multiple commercials each showing off a feature of the phone.

Palm is a struggling company with low staff and funds. They can only put out a few at a time and try to put all features in one commercial.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12