1. awb
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    This is very odd to me as I just got a replacement Pre. Here is the deal: I have tried adding a new contact. contact get's added fine, when I go to enter in the mobile number, all seems good. Using the area code of 858 *** ****. Everything seems fine until I hit done, then hit the SMS text icon to text the individual, nothing happens.

I create a test contact, repeat the process with any other area code/number, hit done, then the sms text button, the messaging card comes up no problem.

I scanned/repaired the pre using webosrepairutility and weobdoctor 1.4. I also tried deleting the contact profiles, adding it to my exchange contacts, letting it sync to pre, same results. I also tried starting from text messaging, then manually adding number, sending message, blank white screen.

driving me crazy. Any Ideas?
    My mom just had to switch numbers because she kept getting repeated calls from an 858 area code. When she called AT&T they said they could not block the number or some such bs. So she had to switch from a number that has been the same for about 9 years. Anyways, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but apparently i think it's from Jamaica?
  3. awb
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Interesting, It's a San Diego number, I may have to painfully call Sprint and try to get this resolved. Just curious if anyone else has seen this. Or why the Pre could possibly be blocking an 858 number.
  4. awb
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    OK so, I change the last number from a 7 to a 6...press sms icon, goes right to a new message card...Change it back to a 7, nothing. ugh