Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hi,

Got an error message this morning telling me that tethering was now allowed on my account (I am a Bell user).

Anyone got this too?

Thanks,

ab
  2. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    'now' allowed, or 'not' allowed? Big difference...
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    I got the same thing after the 1.4 update, when tethering over bluetooth. After trying over USB, the PC would connect, but the data connection on the phone looks to automatically turn itself off when it detects a PC connect. Kinda sucks.
    Are you updated to the latest version on MyTether? 1.4 broke tethering, so some work is needed by you to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Are you updated to the latest version on MyTether? 1.4 broke tethering, so some work is needed by you to fix it.
    As far as I can tell, the latest version of MyTether is 2.1.0, which is the one I installed. I just Doctored my phone yesterday, and after a new install of MyTether, everything worked, but the data connection was turning off whenever my PC actually tried to connect to the internet through my Pre.

If there's anything else that needs doing, I couldn't find it in the MyTether forums.
    Have you had your data plan for a while? I find when Bell offers a new service it only goes to new customers, or those who are willing to upgrade their price, I mean plan. I have had the same plan for 4yrs although I only pay $35 for stuff that is now $65 I often don't get all the new goodies.
    My plan is relatively new, just got it when I got my Pre.. last November or there abouts.